Ajax DataGrid Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Cannot edit grid that I already created

Reported 17 Sep 2008 15:51:11
has this problem
17 Sep 2008 15:51:11 Jon T. Heath posted:
When I click on the Grid in Design View, I get this error 3 times.

While executing inspectSelection in dmxGrid.htm, a JavaScript error occured.

Then when I go to the properties box and click on Advanced, I get the error again, and the DMXzone AJAX Data Grid dialog box loading, and then I get the above error again twice and the Grid never loads. If I click cancel, I get the 3rd repitition of the above error.

If I select the Grid in the Design view, get through the three error, then go to the Insert Menu, DMXzone, AjaxDataGrid, I get this message twice.

While executing onLoad in dmxGrid.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

uncaught exception: JSON Parse error:

TypeError: o[x].replace is not a function

The DMXzone AJAX Data Grid dialog box loading appears and hangs. If I click OK I get this message twice:

While executing onClick, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 512 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CS3:Configuration:Commands:dmxGrid.htm
TypeError: EDITOR has no properties.

If I click cancel, I get the first message at the top once.

Mac OSX 10.5.5, 4GB Ram, Dreamweaver CS3 Version 9 Build 3481 <BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote><i></i><i></i>

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com

Replies

Replied 17 Sep 2008 16:28:01
17 Sep 2008 16:28:01 Jon T. Heath replied:
Now I am really getting frustrated. So I cannot edit a grid that I created. Next, I opened and saved a new file to create a new grid. I started getting the same error messages about dmxGrid.htm. If I close and re-open Dreamweaver, I am able to do a new datagrid without a problem. This reminds me of all the errors I kept getting from insert and update pages that use Advance HTML editor. Those errors occurred regardless of platform, Windows or Mac. I never was able to get a fix for Advance HTML Editor, if I cannot get AJAX Data Grid to work without error, I will need to request a refund. My preference is a working extension, of course.
Replied 18 Sep 2008 00:22:10
18 Sep 2008 00:22:10 George Petrov replied:
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the detailed reports! There must be something weird going on as it seems that the grid properties can not be found by the inspector.

Could you please zip and mail me your asp page that you are getting all those javascript errors in DW on?
mail to

Could you also please explain your folder structure? Where is the grid page placed in relative to your root, where is the ajax_servers folder ..

About your sample at: cmch-vellore.edu/pages/fov.asp
It looks all fine to me .. loads and displays the grid ok - maybe you have fixed it in the mean time?

Anyway we are working on an update to fix some other issues and add some more cool functionality, so we will try to fix the issues you have as well.
We hope to get the update released by next week.

If you want I can send you a beta before that to make sure your problems are fixed. Just let me know.

Greetings,
George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
Replied 29 Sep 2008 22:01:11
29 Sep 2008 22:01:11 Tina Meadors replied:
I'm having virtually the same problem. I'm running Dreamweaver CS3 on Windows XP Pro.

When I click on the Grid in Design View, I get this error 2 times.

While executing inspectSelection in dmxGrid.htm, a JavaScript error occured.

If I go to the properties box and click on Advanced, I get the error twice, and the DMXzone AJAX Data Grid dialog box loading, and the Grid never loads. If I click cancel, I get a 3rd repitition of the above error.

If I select the Grid in the Design view, get through the two errors, then go to the Insert Menu, DMXzone, AjaxDataGrid, I get this message twice.

While executing onLoad in dmxGrid.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

uncaught exception: JSON Parse error:

TypeError: o[x].replace is not a function

The DMXzone AJAX Data Grid dialog box loading appears and hangs. If I click OK I get this message twice:

While executing onClick, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 582 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\Commands\dmxGrid.htm
TypeError: EDITOR has no properties.

If I click cancel, I get the first message at the top once.

If I go to the Insert Menu, and select DMXzone, AjaxDataGrid, without selecting the Grid in Design View, I get this message twice:

At line 380 of file "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS3\Configuration\Shared\DMXzone\dmxGrid\dmxGrid.lib.js":
TypeError: type has no properties.

Replied 29 Sep 2008 22:39:17
29 Sep 2008 22:39:17 Tina Meadors replied:
Additional information:

I tested making a page with a DataGrid in Dreamweaver CS4 Beta and found that I did NOT experience any problems editing the DataGrid after I created it.

However, when I opened the same page with Dreamweaver CS3, the problems described in the posts above occurred.<b></b>
Replied 29 Sep 2008 23:37:22
29 Sep 2008 23:37:22 Jon T. Heath replied:
George,

I have not heard anything since I sent those files. I did download the new version of Ajax DataGrid, and while do not get the errors, I also do not get the properties for the grid to be able to edit or change. Any thoughts?

Jon

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com
Replied 30 Sep 2008 12:51:16
30 Sep 2008 12:51:16 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Jon, Tina,

Have you updated the Ajax DataGrid Extension?

Regards,

M.Zografski

-----------------------------------
DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 30 Sep 2008 13:40:48
30 Sep 2008 13:40:48 Jon T. Heath replied:
M.Zografski,

In my last reply, I stated that I did download the new version.

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com
Replied 30 Sep 2008 14:07:45
30 Sep 2008 14:07:45 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Jon,

Ok, go to Preferences in DW there in Code Format change Line break type to LF (Unix) or CR LF (Windows).
Await your response.

Regards,

M.Zografski

DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 30 Sep 2008 14:53:30
30 Sep 2008 14:53:30 Jon T. Heath replied:
Interesting, I went to Preferences and Code Format was already highlighted. I made the change to Windows CR LF, and it displays the grid and I get a properties box. However, it also starts generating the error messages just like I described at the beginning of this entry (see above). It's all acts exactly the same. Darn. Very frustrating. How long do I have before I can request a refund? That is still not my goal, I want a working extension, but if there is a deadline for refund request, I don't want to miss it if the extension is still not working.

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com
Replied 30 Sep 2008 15:39:11
30 Sep 2008 15:39:11 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Jon,

The deadline is 30 days. Yes, it is frustrating... I'm still working on your problem.

Regards,

M.Zografski

DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 30 Sep 2008 18:55:34
30 Sep 2008 18:55:34 Tina Meadors replied:
I purchased the externsion just a few days ago, so I've got version 1.01 installed. I'm not aware of any updates to the version I purchased. I did try removing and re-installing the extension.

I checked my DW settings for code format and they are set to CR LF (Windows).

I've been muddling through by using a combination of Dreamweaver CS3 and CS4 Beta. I don't get the errors in CS4 beta, but launching the Row Behaviors crashes CS4. So I can use CS3 to insert a new grid and apply behaviors, and I can use CS4 to edit the grid.
Replied 03 Oct 2008 23:15:48
03 Oct 2008 23:15:48 Tina Meadors replied:
Any idea on when this issue might be resolved? I'm a big fan of DMXZone extensions and I don't like to be pushy, but I also don't like that I've paid nearly $200 USD for something that isn't functioning properly.
Replied 04 Oct 2008 12:13:18
04 Oct 2008 12:13:18 George Petrov replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Any idea on when this issue might be resolved? I'm a big fan of DMXZone extensions and I don't like to be pushy, but I also don't like that I've paid nearly $200 USD for something that isn't functioning properly.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

The problem is that we would love to resolve it but we just can reproduce the problem with the latest ver 1.01.

Could you maybe try to clear your DW cache file? The cache file usually causes this kind of weird problems.

See www.dmxzone.com/go?13238

Let me know if the problem still persist

Greetings,
George

Replied 04 Oct 2008 12:50:01
04 Oct 2008 12:50:01 Tina Meadors replied:
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
The problem is that we would love to resolve it but we just can reproduce the problem with the latest ver 1.01.

Could you maybe try to clear your DW cache file? The cache file usually causes this kind of weird problems.

See www.dmxzone.com/go?13238

Let me know if the problem still persist

Greetings,
George
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Thanks for responding, George. I had already tried deleting the WinfileCachexxx.dat file several times before turning to your forum for assistance. When I read this thread describing someone else having exactly the same issue, I figured it was not "just me". I made another attempt at deleting the WinfileCachexxx.dat file, uninstalling the extension, uninstalling a couple of other recently installed extensions as well, just for good measure, re-downloading the AjaxDataGrid extenstion and reinstalling it. I got exactly the same errors when trying to edit a grid.

Replied 04 Oct 2008 13:10:40
04 Oct 2008 13:10:40 George Petrov replied:
Hi Tina,

Could you zip and mail me the page you are having the grid on? Please also include the generated /ajax_servers/dmx_grid1.asp (it is referenced in the code of the grid).

Please mail to

Could you also specify where in your site the page using the ajax datagrid was saved and what database your are connecting to?

Thanks,
George

Replied 04 Oct 2008 13:19:38
04 Oct 2008 13:19:38 Tina Meadors replied:
Hang on - I may be onto something... I was re-reading the Adobe technote on JavaScript errors and decided to try re-creating the entire configuration folder, which also has the effect of disabling all extensions. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled AjaxDataGrid. With AjaxDataGrid as my ONLY installed extension, I'm able to edit a grid with no error.

So from here, I'll try re-enabling other extensions one by one and see if/when the errors come back.

Tina

Replied 04 Oct 2008 13:30:37
04 Oct 2008 13:30:37 George Petrov replied:
Thanks Tina - any more info will be very helpful indeed.

Greetings,
George

Replied 04 Oct 2008 13:57:28
04 Oct 2008 13:57:28 Jon T. Heath replied:
Tina, George, Miroslav,

I think I have found the offender. Unfortunately, it is an extension that I use semi-frequently. It is XML Flash Slideshow Creator version 3.0.2 by N G Rohler at DWUser.com. I went through every extension, one by one, loading and reloading Dreamweaver. I started with just DMXZone stuff, then just project VII stuff, then prioritized based on use. I got the error right away with the XML Slideshow active. I turned it off, then loaded the rest.

I wonder if deactiving this will help my Advanced HTML Editor issues.

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com
Replied 05 Oct 2008 02:30:07
05 Oct 2008 02:30:07 Tina Meadors replied:
Same thing here, Jon. I've been reinstalling extensions in groups (all my Project Seven extensions, all my WebAssist extensions) and re-testing Ajax DataGrid after each install.

I encountered errors right after installing XML Flash Slideshow Creator - I've got version 3.0.3 by N G Rohler at DWUser.com.
Removed the XML Flash Slideshow Creater extension and AjaxDataGrid once again works fine.

Is it likely that the two developers might work together to fix the conflict, or do we just have to enable/disable extensions as we need them?
Replied 05 Oct 2008 10:51:38
05 Oct 2008 10:51:38 George Petrov replied:
Hi Tina and Jon,

Thanks for your finding and help in determination of this problem.

Seems indeed that the xml flash slideshow extension is not playing by the DW rules and breaks compatibility that we rely on.

I've mailed dwuser - hopefully they respond quickly.

Maybe you can also post the issue in their support forums as you have access there.

Greetings,
George

Replied 29 Oct 2008 23:12:36
29 Oct 2008 23:12:36 Jon T. Heath replied:
Similar problems with 1.0.3 in DW CS4, but different errors in DW CS3. Here are the details.

During installation of Ajax Datagrid 1.0.3 in Extension Manager CS 4 on Mac

Menu changes could not be made in the exact location requested by the Extension. They will appear in the "Commands' Miscellaneous" menu. The extension will still work so it is being installed.

When opening a file with an Ajax DataGrid in DW CS 4:

Once loaded, the grid does not show as it did before. This is similar to when I have an early version of the extension loaded, but my code formatting line break type was set to LF Unix and Miroslav had me reset it to CR LF (Windows). Unfortunately, it is already set to that.

During installation of Ajax Datagrid 1.0.3 in Extension Manager (CS3) on Mac there is no message.

When opening a file with an Ajax DataGrid in DW CS 3:

The grid appears fine. If I change the style to black in the properties box, I get the following message twice with no change occuring to the format of the grid:

While executing onChange in the dmxGrid.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured:

At line 803 of the file "Macinstoch HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CS3: Configuration:SharedMXzone:dmxGrid:dmxGrid.lib.js":
TypeError: user_head has no properties.

When actually editing a grid, and changing the width from 650 to auto, incomplete code is generated. It is missing several lines at the bottom, which messes up my whole page.

Before:
&lt;div class="dmxgrid"&gt;
&lt;script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"&gt;
&lt;!--
$(function(){$('#dmx_grid2').flexigrid({
url: "../ajax_servers/dmx_grid1.asp",
sortname: "item_no",
dataType: "json",
rpOptions: [5, 10, 15, 20],
rp: 5,
width: 650,
colModel: [{
display: "prod id",
name: "prod_id",
width: 100,
sortable: true,
align: "left",
hide: true
},
{
display: "Wish #",
name: "item_no",
width: 60,
align: "center",
hide: false
},
{
display: "Image",
name: "photo_name",
hide: false,
before: "&lt;img src='../images/wishlist/thumbnails/",
after: "'alt='Click to View Larger Product Image' width='72' height='72' border='1'&gt;",
onclick: "applyDMXTooltip(this,'../images/wishlist/{2}','fade','easeOutQuad','mouse','in',600,600,'mouseout','white',false,'','',0,0,'auto','auto','auto','-100');"
},
{
display: "Description",
name: "description",
width: 440,
}],
nowrap: false
});});
//--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;table id="dmx_grid2"&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td&gt;&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;
&lt;/div&gt;

After:
&lt;div class="dmxgrid"&gt;
&lt;script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"&gt;
&lt;!--
$(function(){$('#dmx_grid2').flexigrid({
url: "../ajax_servers/dmx_grid1.asp",
sortname: "item_no",
dataType: "json",
rpOptions: [5, 10, 15, 20],
rp: 5,
colModel: [{
display: "prod id",
name: "prod_id",
hide: true
},
{
display: "Wish #",
name: "item_no",
width: 60,
},
{
display: "Image",
name: "photo_name",
hide: false,
before: "&lt;img src='../images/wishlist/thumbnails/",
after: "'alt='Click to View Larger Product Image' width='72' height='72' border='1'&gt;",
onclick: "applyDMXTooltip(this,'../images/wishlist/{2}','fade','easeOutQuad','mouse','in',600,600,'mouseout','white',false,'','',0,0,'auto','auto','auto','-100');"
},
{
display: "Description",
name: "description",
width: 440,
}],
nowrap: "\"false"
});"
})

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com
Replied 01 Nov 2008 06:59:52
01 Nov 2008 06:59:52 Andrew Gray replied:
Jon
have you had any resolution to this.
I also have various issues and nothing as yet has been done about it!
AndyG
Replied 01 Nov 2008 11:31:35
01 Nov 2008 11:31:35 Jon T. Heath replied:
No response, which is unusual.

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com
Replied 03 Nov 2008 09:37:12
03 Nov 2008 09:37:12 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi Jon,

We manage to recreate the issue and the resolution is on its way. I'll ask you to describe what kind of behaviors you have added to data grid.

Regards,

M.Zografski

DMXZone.com Support Team
Replied 03 Nov 2008 11:39:49
03 Nov 2008 11:39:49 Jon T. Heath replied:
I added an advance tooltips behavior to so that when clicking on an image in the grid, it displays a larger image in the popup tooltip box.

Jon T. Heath
Nexsys Design
www.nexsysdesign.com

Reply to this topic