CSS Form Designer Support Product Page

This topic was archived

can't access the CSS Form Designer from the DMX Zone tab on the Insert bar.

Reported 14 Jul 2009 18:09:16
have this problem
14 Jul 2009 18:09:16 Paul Kefford posted:
I have recently downloaded the CSS Form Designer and can't get it to work. It should be available from DMX Zone tab on the Insert bar. I have only one other DMX extension installed
the Sitemap Generator at www.dmxzone.com/go?10538 that's accessible from the Site > Generate Google Sitemap

Can anyone let me know how to access this extension?

Replies

Replied 16 Jul 2009 09:40:23
16 Jul 2009 09:40:23 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Paul,

Please, tell us what version of DW are you using and what is your OS?
Replied 16 Jul 2009 11:38:29
16 Jul 2009 11:38:29 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteHello Paul,

Please, tell us what version of DW are you using and what is your OS?

Hi thanks for the reply, I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 on Mac OSX 10.5.7

Batch108
Replied 16 Jul 2009 13:46:33
16 Jul 2009 13:46:33 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Remove the extension, delete the DW cache file, restart dreamweaver and install the extension again.
The cache file is located in:
MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver CS4 : <language> : Configuration :
Replied 16 Jul 2009 14:48:30
16 Jul 2009 14:48:30 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteRemove the extension, delete the DW cache file, restart dreamweaver and install the extension again.
The cache file is located in:
MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver CS4 : <language> : Configuration :

Hi, done all of the above, deleted the cache (MacFileCache-A58CCE96.dat) and extension, restarted DW and installed the extension again. T he DMX menu is still not showing from the insert bar.

What next?
Replied 31 Jul 2009 13:10:53
31 Jul 2009 13:10:53 charlene walker replied:
hi - I have installed file as well. but when i go to use it in CS3 it gives me an error message

could not find oninit javascript function: init
Replied 31 Jul 2009 18:22:11
31 Jul 2009 18:22:11 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Charlene,

Please follow the next steps:
  1. Uninstall the extension through the Extension Manager
  2. Delete Dreamweavers cache file. This is called WinFileCache-[random_numbers].dat and is located at:
    Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration.
    Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 9\Configuration.
  3. Restart Dreamweaver.
  4. Install the extension again

5. Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 31 Jul 2009  18:23:52
Replied 01 Aug 2009 10:25:19
01 Aug 2009 10:25:19 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Paul, Charlene,

Could both of you check if the folder DMXZone exist at the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Adobe\DreamweaverVersion\en_US\Configuration\Objects

Next please open the file insertbar.xml at the location above. Doubleclick it to open in Dreamweaver. Scroll to the end and check if the following code has been inserted:

<category folder="DMXzone" id="DMXzone_Common" name="DMXzone">
		<button file="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />
	</category>

Please post your findings so I can come up with a solution!

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 01 Aug 2009  10:36:12
Replied 09 Aug 2009 13:58:34
09 Aug 2009 13:58:34 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteHi Paul, Charlene,

Could both of you check if the folder DMXZone exist at the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Adobe\DreamweaverVersion\en_US\Configuration\Objects

Next please open the file insertbar.xml at the location above. Doubleclick it to open in Dreamweaver. Scroll to the end and check if the following code has been inserted:

<button file="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="Objects/DMXzone/dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />
	</category>

Please post your findings so I can come up with a solution!

Kind regards, Patrick

Edited by - Patrick Julicher on 01 Aug 2009  10:36:12

Hi Patrick. apologies for the delay, been away for a few weeks.

I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 on Mac OSX 10.5.7 not windows
Replied 10 Aug 2009 10:14:09
10 Aug 2009 10:14:09 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Paul,
the insertbar.xml on MAC is located in:
MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver CS4 : <language> : Configuration : Objects
Inside it please look for this lines of code.

</category>

Replied 10 Aug 2009 11:18:36
10 Aug 2009 11:18:36 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteHello Paul,
the insertbar.xml on MAC is located in:
MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver CS4 : <language> : Configuration : Objects
Inside it please look for this lines of code.

</category>

Hi Patrick

My insertbar.xml hasn't got your code but has similar "
[b]<category folder="DMXzone" id="DMXzone_Common" name="DMXzone">
</category>[/
b]
"
Hope this helps?

Batch108
Replied 11 Aug 2009 10:45:41
11 Aug 2009 10:45:41 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Paul,

The code is exactly similar! Try editing the line for the CSS Form Designer so that it becomes:

<button file="DMXzone\dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="DMXzone\dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

Save the file and restart DW. Set Dreamweaver to use the Designer View and see if the CSS Form Designer shows up!

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 11 Aug 2009 12:52:02
11 Aug 2009 12:52:02 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteHi Paul,

The code is exactly similar! Try editing the line for the CSS Form Designer so that it becomes:

<button file="DMXzone\dmxCssFormDesigner.htm" id="DMX_CssFormStyler" image="DMXzone\dmxCssFormDesigner.png" name="CSS Form Designer" />

Save the file and restart DW. Set Dreamweaver to use the Designer View and see if the CSS Form Designer shows up!

Kind regards, Patrick

Hi Patrick

Thanks for the reply, I got one direct from Teodor Kuduschiev yesteday asking some questions which I replied to. He said he is working on some testing for the DMXzone tab, so I am reluctant to change anything until he has come back with any findings.

Thanks Paul
Replied 11 Aug 2009 13:10:46
11 Aug 2009 13:10:46 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Paul,

No problem. Just have a look at the following Forum topic. Changing the line in the insertbar.xml was the solution for several users, since the wrong location was coded by the developers.

Kind regards, Patrick
Replied 11 Aug 2009 13:24:11
11 Aug 2009 13:24:11 Paul Kefford replied:
QuoteHi Paul,

No problem. Just have a look at the following Forum topic. Changing the line in the insertbar.xml was the solution for several users, since the wrong location was coded by the developers.

Kind regards, Patrick

Where's the Forum topic link?
Replied 11 Aug 2009 14:13:47
11 Aug 2009 14:13:47 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Paul,

Excuse me. Here it is: www.dmxzone.com/forum/topic/43796/

Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to this topic