Sliding Billboard Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Error Attempting to Use Behavior Connector

Reported 11 Nov 2009 19:06:52
has this problem
11 Nov 2009 19:06:52 Kevin Morris posted:
I am using Dw CS4 on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.2. Each time I attempt to use the Behavior Connector I get the following error:

While executing onLoad, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 558 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Dreamweaver CS4:Configuration:Commands:dmxBehaviors.htm":list[i].match is not a function

I have uninstalled the Sliding Billboard and LightBox extensions, reinstalled them and also made sure they are the latest versions. I also have cleared the cache file for Dw without any success. There are also times that I get another type of JavaScript error when using either extension stating it cannot synchronize--Unknown Source with the following path:

file:///Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/DMXzone/dmxLightbox/SiteRoot/dmx/lib/function () { return s.array(this); }

These have become an irritation whenever I try to use these extensions. I hope that there is a fix or update since I paid a chunk of change for them and I would like to continue using them.

Replies

Replied 11 Nov 2009 21:53:46
11 Nov 2009 21:53:46 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

There must be some version mix up. Could you please try to uninstall them both first, then install the DMXzone Lightbox first, complete the install wizard, restart DW and then the Sliding Billboard.

Let me know if this helps.

Greetings,
George
Replied 11 Nov 2009 22:43:14
11 Nov 2009 22:43:14 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

I did as you advised without any success. I uninstalled both extensions and emptied DW's cache file. I then installed LightBox, activated it and then restarted DW. I then closed DW and installed the Billboard extension followed by its activation and the restarting of DW.

When I attempted to use the Behavior Connector, I still received the same error message. In addition, I tried to apply a LightBox link and received a new error message:

While executing onLoad in dmxLightBoxInsertTextLink.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occured: At line 1518 of file "Macintosh HD:Application:AdobereamweaverCs4:Configuration:SharedMXzone:dmxLightBox:dmxLightBox.lib.js":list[i].fileName has no properties

Then I received the error that it cannot synchronize--Unknown Source. I also have the dmxMP3Player installed in addition the DMX Updater.

I look forward to your reply...thanks!

Edited by - Kevin Morris on 11 Nov 2009  22:43:50
Replied 11 Nov 2009 22:47:38
11 Nov 2009 22:47:38 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

I'm very sorry for your trouble. It seems the Flash MP3 Player has an outdated file. So you should install it as first and then the Lightbox and Sliding billboard (not as last)

Also on each install make sure you choose "Yes To All" when asked to overwrite all files in the extension manager.

Again sorry for the trouble - I will make sure we update the Flash MP3 Player next week so it is fully up to date.

Let me know if that is working.

Greetings,
George
Replied 11 Nov 2009 23:37:56
11 Nov 2009 23:37:56 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

I once again uninstalled the MP3 Player, LightBox and SlidingBillboard extensions. I also emptied the DW cache files, etc. I then installed the MP3 Player, then LightBox followed by the SlidingBillboard. I still get the same error messages as before.

Perhaps I should not install the MP3 Player until an updated version is ready. Should I also uninstall the DMX Install Updater?

Thanks for your quick replies!
Replied 12 Nov 2009 12:36:57
12 Nov 2009 12:36:57 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Kevin,

From which extension you are trying to access the Behavior Connector?

Regards,
Replied 12 Nov 2009 17:53:25
12 Nov 2009 17:53:25 Kevin Morris replied:
I am trying to access the connector via the Sliding Billboard extension.
Replied 12 Nov 2009 18:36:47
12 Nov 2009 18:36:47 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Kevin,

I've sent you a dmxBehaviors.htm file in a e-mail message to test if it will fix your issue. In the e-mail you will find guides on where to place that file.

Regards,
Replied 13 Nov 2009 11:47:50
13 Nov 2009 11:47:50 Kevin Morris replied:
Miroslav,

I replied to you via e-mail. In short, the suggestion (.htm file) you sent did not work.
Replied 13 Nov 2009 12:48:25
13 Nov 2009 12:48:25 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Kevin,

Yes, I saw your ScrnPrint. We will continue to work on that issue but it may be caused by reasons out of our scope - OS or DW itself, or both.

Regards,
Replied 16 Nov 2009 15:06:45
16 Nov 2009 15:06:45 Kevin Morris replied:
Just checking in on any progress with this issue. Is there any conflict with the DMX Flash MP3 Player being installed?
Replied 16 Nov 2009 15:30:41
16 Nov 2009 15:30:41 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Kevin,

We are still working on that issue. Will contact you once we go something you can test.

Regards,
Replied 18 Nov 2009 14:18:39
18 Nov 2009 14:18:39 Kevin Morris replied:
I uninstalled all of my DMX extensions (Updater, MP3 Player, LightBox, Billboard) and emptied the DW cache. I then reinstalled in this order: MP3, LB, Billboard. Each time I would restart DW. I did not install the updater. On a new test site, I successfully placed a MP3 player on a page and was able to use the Behavior Connector. I did the same successfully for the LB and the Sliding Billboard, also being able to access and apply a behavior. However, when I tried to edit the Sliding Billboard, I got the following error:

file:///Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/DMXzone/dmxLightbox/SiteRoot/dmx/widgets/Lightbox/presets/function () { return s.array(this); }

On one of my sites, I already have a Sliding Billboard and LB, but I get errors when I try to use the Behavior Connector. The BC does appear/function correctly whereas it did not before. However, when I try to apply a LB behavior to one of the Billboard slides, I get the following errors:

While executing onLoad in Open DMXzone Lightbox.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 1518 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:AdobereamweaverCS4:Configurations:SharedMXzone:dmxLightbox:dmxLightbox.lib.js":list {i}.fileName has no properties

After this point I am unable to work with any of the settings.

In addition to this error I get this one, having to click several times to continue:

file:///Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/Configuration/Shared/DMXzone/dmxLightbox/SiteRoot/dmx/widgets/Lightbox/presets/function () { return s.array(this); }

It seems that I can place a new Billboard or LB on a webpage, but if I try to edit it, I get these errors.
Replied 18 Nov 2009 14:20:57
18 Nov 2009 14:20:57 Kevin Morris replied:
QuoteMiroslav,

I replied to you via e-mail. In short, the suggestion (.htm file) you sent did not work.

When I reinstalled the extensions, I did not use the file you sent. That one would just freeze DW and I would have to perform a Force Quit.
Replied 18 Nov 2009 14:34:08
18 Nov 2009 14:34:08 Kevin Morris replied:
Having stated the just posted message above, I attempt to once again access the BC after emptying the DW cache and now get the following message:

While executing onLoad, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
At line 558 of file "Macintosh HD:Applications:AdobereamweaverCS4:Configuration:Commands:dmxBehaviors.htm": list [i].match is not a function

Also the BC interface is empty of any behaviors. This happens on both the test site I created and also on one of my live websites.
Replied 18 Nov 2009 15:24:09
18 Nov 2009 15:24:09 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

There is something very weird in your DW installation that suddenly breaks everything. I'm sorry for the troubles that you are going trough and we really appreciate you testing efforts as this is an unique case and we can not reproduce it ourselves.

As this happens really only at your DW installation I really need a very detailed step by step information so we can track the problem.

First do you have other extensions installed next to the DMXzone ones?? This is very important.

I will also send you now by mail the new update of Flash MP3 Player so you are using the latest software. When you got it try the following steps, please exete them very detailed step by step and report on each confirm each step

1. Remove the DMXzone extensions from DW, delete the DW cahce, restart DW and confirm it is working fine.

2. Install the Flash MP3 Player, restart DW, finalize the install wizard, restart DW - confirm if MP3 player is working - try the Control Flash MP3 Behavior - confirm it is working. Try the Behavior Connector from the MP3 Player (like on when songs play Popup message "play" - confirm it is working

3. Install DMXzone Lightbox restart DW, finalize the install wizard, restart DW - confirm if Lightbox is working - try the Control Lightbox Behavior - confirm it is working. Try the Behavior Connector from the MP3 Player to open a Lightbox - confirm it is working

4. if all above is still working Install Sliding Billboard - restart DW, finalize the install wizard, restart DW - confirm if SBB is working, confirm mp3 player is working, confirm lightbox is working. - try the Control Lightbox Behavior - confirm it is working. Try the Behavior Connector from the Sliding billboard - confirm it is working

Please send us as possible as possible report so we can see if this is a problem with our extensions or just another DW bug ( as it seems till now)

Greetings,
George
Replied 18 Nov 2009 17:23:30
18 Nov 2009 17:23:30 Kevin Morris replied:
I will do what you have suggested. I have not had problems with Adobe CS4 Creative Suite as posted on several Adobe forums in regard to upgrading to Snow Leopard, but could there be an issue here?
Replied 18 Nov 2009 17:40:50
18 Nov 2009 17:40:50 George Petrov replied:
Thank Kevin,

Also give me a list of other installed extensions? Of course for the best testing no extensions should be installed - but there are cases that some other extensions not from DMXzone - were breaking DW as well ...

I also have Snow Leopard so will give it a more extensive testing as for now it seems all to be working for me ...

Greetings,
George
Replied 18 Nov 2009 18:18:55
18 Nov 2009 18:18:55 George Petrov replied:
Kevin,
There must be something else breaking things:

Could you do a file search and look for files containing:

return s.array(this);

Look in username/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CS4/en_US/Configuration

as well as in:

Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS4/configuration

Let me know if you find something

Greetings,
George
Replied 20 Nov 2009 21:25:33
20 Nov 2009 21:25:33 George Petrov replied:
Hi Kevin,

Please tell me you don't have XML Slideshow Creator ... This is an extension known to breaks whole DW.
So probably this is what is happening right now ...

Please remove it immediately ... after deleting your DW cache your problems will probably be solved directly.

We had major problems with it in the past.

www.dmxzone.com/forum/topic/42046/

We even published a FAQ for this: www.dmxzone.com/go?16522

Seems we have to add another FAQ again for it...

Greetings,
George
Replied 21 Nov 2009 01:32:56
21 Nov 2009 01:32:56 Kevin Morris replied:
George,

I deleted all of my DW extensions, including XML Slideshow Creator, and cleared the DW cache. I then one by one installed MP3 Player, LB and SBB. I tested each one to include applying an action with the Behavior Connector. So far everything is now functioning properly. I then installed a couple of my other DW extensions (non-DMXzone) and tested again. At this point in time, it appears that the XML Flash Slideshow Creator version 3 by N G Rohler at DWUser was causing the javaScript and BC errors in DW.

I will continue to test/apply the DMXzone extensions in my websites and will report if there is an issue. For now, I think the problem has been solved. Thanks George for your help and solution!
Replied 21 Nov 2009 22:08:40
21 Nov 2009 22:08:40 Patrick Julicher replied:
Hi Kevin,

Thanks once again for being so patient and working with us on getting this solved. If you come up with any useful information we'd gladly hear about it.

Kind regards, Patrick

Reply to this topic