HTML5 Slideshow Support Product Page

This topic was archived by George Petrov on 3/25/2013 1:26:41 PM
reason: old
Not a problem

slide show stop delayed by 10 sec in IE8

Reported 07 Sep 2010 19:34:57
has this problem
07 Sep 2010 19:34:57 k m posted:
so, after finally figured how to stop the slideshow via js I had to discover that the stop works just fine on Chromium, FF and Opera but not so on IE8, in latter the stop action is delayed about 10 sec.

there seems to a lot of problems with slideshow and IE8, as usual appreciating such bugs to be fixed!

Replies

Replied 08 Sep 2010 12:32:23
08 Sep 2010 12:32:23 George Petrov replied:
Hi KM,

I'm having difficulty to follow you. You keep cross posting on different topics about very different things. Then also go over the place and complain you don't get speedy responses.

Please note:

* the HTML5 Slideshow is a Dreamweaver extension. This means it is intended for use in Dreamweaver. It generates code that should not be edited manually but just trough the supplied user interface.

* The HTML5 Slideshow can be controlled with the supplied Dreamweaver behaviors. They generate the needed code for all actions.

* If you file a bug please make sure you follow this guidelines: www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

Greetings,
George
Replied 08 Sep 2010 13:20:43
08 Sep 2010 13:20:43 k m replied:
I am not cross posting, there are obviously different issues which are addressed. If the slideshow would perform properly and as advertised I would not be in the need to tweak it in order to achieve a smooth experience for the site's visitor.

By posting back such common response across the boards, after days of just deserting the forums you make me feel patronized than being valued as customer.

If you would take the time and look into my postings, if any unclear or missing just ask, instead of pointing to a 101 how to report bugs page.

it is well understood that the gui is made to work in DW only, however the code generated by it goes to the web. if you say the user has to waive its right to control the design of her/his site by using your extension then I feel it should pointed out clearly in the ToU.

now for this topic and the inital post - dmxHTML5SlideshowAction function, as in supplied with this DM extension does not work properly in IE8 as described in the initial post.

if you don not want to fix this obvious bug just make it clear and as a customer I can make up mind whether to continue your products or not

Edited by - k m on 08 Sep 2010  13:35:52
Replied 14 Oct 2010 15:06:34
14 Oct 2010 15:06:34 k m replied:
where is js mentioned in this thread? the slideshow has spry control build in as feature, which is not working correctly as described in the initial post.

as much as you keep on denying it as much it remains a fact
Replied 14 Oct 2010 15:40:05
14 Oct 2010 15:40:05 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Please explain a little more detailed what exactly are you trying to do and where are these 10 seconds delay?

I'm referring to this:
"after finally figured how to stop the slideshow via js I had to discover that the stop works just fine on Chromium, FF and Opera but not so on IE8, in latter the stop action is delayed about 10 sec."
Replied 12 Nov 2010 15:02:21
12 Nov 2010 15:02:21 k m replied:
I am surprised that this thread is still not locked, it is even still existing.

the point that threads not liked by DMXz are either been locked, such as the fade effect in IE8 or simply erased.

there is not really a point of maintaining a support forum if your interested

Reply to this topic