Smart Image Processor 2 is DMXzone’s most powerful Image Resize, Enhancement and Manipulation extension that allows you to quickly and easily process multiple images, create thumbnails, use image options such as crop, flip, rotate, sharpen and blur, or create grayscale images. You can even brand your image by including a watermark or text.
If you have ASP.NET on your server NO additional Server components are needed!
Take a look at the PHP version of Smart Image Processor 2.
- Manipulate multiple images and create thumbnails
- An amazing number of effects
- Resize image from different sources
- Rick text options
- Watermark your image
Features in Detail
New: Auto orientation of images based on meta data of the camera
No need to rotate your images manually
New: The Matte Color is now customizable to optimize transparent images
Your transparent images will get the correct background color
New: Preserve meta data
Keep the camera data after your images are resized
Manipulate multiple images and create thumbnails
You can resize multiple images and create thumbnails in an instant. You can create as many image variations as you like!
Original Cropped Image Resized Image Thumbnail
An amazing number of effects
Smart Image Processor 2 will not only resize your images but it will also allow you to crop, flip, rotate, blur and sharpen an unlimited amount of images. You can even create black and white images with the grayscale option!
Rotate Flip horizontal/vertical Sharpen Blur
Resize image from different sources
Upload & resize multiple images with the help of Pure Upload 3 or use Smart Image Processor 2 standalone and resize an entire folder on your server. You don't need other extensions to resize, enhance or manipulate the images.
Rich text options
Create any caption you like, use bold, italic or underline text, set the font type, size, color and position and place it on your image.
Mark your images with text
Watermark your image
Brand your image so everyone knows where they got it from. You can position your Watermark everywhere you like or even tile or stretch the watermark image. Play around with the opacity and transparency color to get the best watermark effect.
New Interface for ease of use in Dreamweaver
The user interface of Smart Image Processor 2 is very clear! We have grouped all related options in a nice tabbed interface and also provided a useful tiptext.
You can find all the basic options in the Main tab
The advanced tab contains advanced mark-up and interaction options
Extended online help
We have included 8 comprehensive tutorials - to simplify the usage of this extension.
These tutorials will walk you step by step through the process of resizing uploaded images and setting options for rotation, cropping and display. We'll also show how to pull the uploaded image files from a database and display the images/thumbnails on a page.
Fully integrated with Pure ASP Upload 2 and 3
The Smart Image Processor 2 extension is able to resize the files that are uploaded with Pure ASP Upload 2 and 3.
Full support for multiple input file formats
Resize GIF, JPG, PGM, PNG, TGA, TIFF, PCX or BMP files.
Full support for multiple output file formats
Save your images as JPG, PNG or GIF while maintaining transparency setting. If you use the JPG option you can adjust the JPEG quality. When saving the files as GIF, you can even choose from different palettes, dithering options and choose the number of colors.
A high performance ASP.NET component is included
For this extension no server component is needed. The extension features a genius ASP.NET secure web service! Now the power of Smart Image Processor 2 is available to any user via extended web services. Bridge the gap between ASP and ASP.NET by using the full power of ASP.NET in legacy ASP trough the Smart Image Processor 2 web services.
Support for many standard image processing server components
Usually the included high performance ASP.NET server component will be enough but if you don't have ASP.NET installed you can use popular server components like Shot Graph, ASPSmartImage, AspJpeg, AspImage, ImgWriter and AspThumb. Just Auto Detect the installed server components and use them.
Manage your gallery online
In this movie Richard shows you how to create a wonderful Gallery that can be managed online with Pure ASP Upload 3 and Smart Image Processor 2. The gallery enables you to upload and automatically resize images online!
Upload and Manage Images in Advanced HTML Editor 3 on ASP Server
Upload and Manage Images in Advanced HTML Editor 3 on PHP/Linux Server
Insert, Upload and Resize Images in Advanced HTML Editor 3
- Full Dreamweaver CC and Extension Manager CC support
- Improved extension User Interface
- Improved Windows 8 compatibility
- New Crop To Fit option allows you to resize image and/or thumbnails to maximum fit specific size
- The new Crop to Fit functionality is used when Smart Image Processor is integrated in Advanced HTML Editor 3 and DMXzone Nivo Slider to make all the images exact size
- Improved resizing of images with local paths
- Added Matte support when using crop with ASPJpeg component
- Fix that does not resize images that are smaller than the max size when using ASPNET component
- Fixed Matte color error when using ASP/Jscript
- New Extended Crop - now you can specify bigger crop sizes than the image size, to resize its canvas only. The matte color will be used to fill up the extended canvas or if no matte color is specified it will be transparent (PNG only)
- New Service Security – the ASP.NET resize service is now fully secured so that it can only be called from the Smart Image Processor ASP code. Note you need to update the code for all Smart Image Processor ASP instances! See update procedure
- Resize without aspect ratio – you can now resize without keeping the aspect ratio if you need to (rarely used)
- Autodetect filetype and save after resize as original type (PNG, GIF or JPEG).
- Fixed double key EXIF data error caused by images saved in Windows Image Viewer
- Improved memory usage during the image manipulation
- Changed namespace url for the web service
- Improved Dreamweaver CS4 installer
- Auto orientation of images based on meta data of the camera - no need to rotate your images manually
- The Matte Color is now customizable to optimize transparent images - your transparent images will get the correct background color
- Preserve meta data - keep the camera data after your images are resized
- Several minor bug fixes
Here are five easy steps to update all your pages;
- Install the latest version of Smart Image Processor 2
- Open your Smart Image Processor 2 page
- Select each of the existing Smart Image Processor 2 Server Behaviours from the server behaviors palette
- Click on the ok button to re-apply the server behaviours
- An alert will be sure that your files are replaced, make sure you upload the files to your server
This process updates the ASP file in the general ScriptLibrary folder so a single page update is enough.