Add Swiss Knife Form Validation to your forms in Dreamweaver with the Universal Form Validator PHP! Choose from many predefined validation rules like url, e-mail, dates, credit cards and ranges, apply conditional validation and even Ajax style inline validation! The validation errors and hints can be displayed in great tooltips and input masking can be applied. All fully customizable to your layout and needs! The user input is validated both client as well as server side - so there is no escape!
This is the PHP version of the extension. There is also an ASP version available
- Rich set of validation rules, the full list:
- General - URL, E-mail, Date, Date (ISO),
- Numerical - Number, Digits, Maximum, Minimum, Range
- choose from predefined values like, current month, day, year and weekday
- String - Maximum Length, Minimum Length, Length Range, Equals To, File Types
- Creditcard - Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB
- Ajax inline validation - Exist/Not Exists in Database, Remote
- Extended Conditional Validation - now you can choose from conditions like equal, greater, lesser, etc on a static value or choose from predefined values like, current month, day, year and weekday
- New Number Conditional Rule - now you can require that a field is a number with conditions like equal, greater, lesser, etc on a static value or choose from predefined values like, current month, day, year and weekday
- New IBAN Validation Rule – now you can check if a number is a valid bank account IBAN number
- New VAT Validation Rule – now you can check if a number is a valid EU VAT number
- New Credit Cards Validation Rule – so now you can validate multiple credit cards at once
- New Multiple Required Rule - so you can now specify if minimum or maximum number of checkboxes need to be selected
- Added support for multiple conditional checks on a single field / radio group
- Added support for required check on selects - now you can easily skip default entries like '--select one--' by giving them an empty value
- Support for Pure PHP Upload - now you can validate forms that have file upload handled by Pure PHP Upload
- Add client as well server side validation
- Use inline Ajax validation - so you can check if a field value exists or not in your database, before the form is submitted
- Customize error appearances - set style for the message text, borders, error icon
- Choose from several error reporting styles – inline, tooltip, before or after the form and in a container element of your choice.
- Conditional validation - so a validation is executed only when a specific condition is valid.
- Conditional Show/Hide - you can show or hide specific parts of the form based on condition
- Display standard localized or custom error messages
- Apply masks to your input fields to provide an example input to users and limit the mistakes.
- Choose from a large number of predefined masks
- Create your own input masks
- Add hints to your form fields, so that when the user enters a field a tool tip with information about the field
- Customize hint appearance (text, hint box size, borders, background color) or choose a designer presets.
- All those rich validation options are well organized in a great looking Server Behavior dialog, so everything is clear and easy to use
- Full integration with the standard Insert and Update Record Server behaviors, so you can now finally validate your form data nicely before its being saved in your database
- Point and click usage - just choose the fields you need to validate and all the code is automatically inserted for you - you don't need to code anything!
- Fully translatable into many languages
- Validation messages in your language! The validation messages are
available in many languages; the validator automatically detects the
user language and shows the message in the appropriate language.
- Great integration in Dreamweaver as a Server Behavior
Online Food Order Form Demo
Creating an Online Food Order Form
With this movie we will show you how to create an online food order form and set conditional rules for it with the help of Universal Form Validator PHP.
Set a Validation Rule for Multiple Credit Card Numbers and Expiration Date
With this movie we will show you how easily you can set a validation rule for multiple credit card numbers and expiration date.
Validate for a Maximum and Minimum Number of Selected Items
With this movie we will show you how easily you can validate for maximum and minimum number of selected items in a checkbox list or multiselection list.
Great Design Tooltips, Error messages and Hints in your Forms
With this movie we will show you some of the validation rules, tooltips, hints and error messages we've recently added to Universal Form Validator PHP.
- Fixed missing translation files
- Updated CS5 installer
- Improved conditional validation
- Added Slovenian and Italian Translations
- Added new allow Characterset only rule
- Added new extended alphanumeric rule (Alphanumeric + Latin). Allows regular letters as well Latin letters
- Added not equal validation rule
- Great compatibility with the standard Dreamweaver Server behaviors like Insert/Update, Check Login and Login User.
- Fixed issue with hint file generation
- Fixed issue with loading hint styles into GUI
- Fixed bug with IE and conditional triggering
issue with dmx.jquery.validate.js copying
- Fixed issue with
VAT rule and required
- GUI fix for required checkbox.
- Improved XHTML Validation of pages using the validator
- Included updated jQuery version
- Improved copying, updating and synchronizing files
- Fixed minor issue with dynamic values for text areas
- Fixed hint / error tooltip font style.
- New Bot protection option
- Added forbidden words validation
- Improved validation rules for allowed and disallowed characters
- Fixed issue with POSTs to page containing form to be validated
- Fixed minor issues with postback values
- Improved hint tooltips to show when the users stays on a field
- When using server side validation and an validation error occurs, the values check boxes, selects and radio buttons are retained
- Improved server side IBAN check
- Minor bug fixes
- New Great looking Tooltips! – now you can display your validation message or hint in a stylish floating tooltip!
- Cool tooltip designs - choose from many predefined designs with rounded corners, shading and text balloon style! Add a stylish icon and customize the tooltips as you wish!
- New Validation rules:
-Alphanumeric: Alphanumeric characters only.
-Letters: Letters only.
-Allowed: Checks if the fields only contains characters specified by the user.
-Disallowed: Checks if the fields do not contain characters specified by the user.
- Improved compatibility with other DMXzone extensions like DMXzone Calendar.
- Improved PHP 5.3 compatibility
-Fixed bug with messages below / above form
-Fixed bug with when choosing all formats and not required rule.
-Fixed minor bug in Dutch translation.
Here are five easy steps to update all your pages;
1. Install the latest version of Universal Form Validator PHP
2. Open your Universal Form Validator PHP page
3. Select the existing Universal Form Validator PHP Server Behavior from the server behaviors palette
4. Click on the ok button to re-apply the server behavious
5. An alert will be shown to notify you that your files are replaces, make sure you upload the files to your server
This process updates the PHP file in the general ScriptLibrary folder so a single page update is enough.