Apply various transformations to your repeating data like counting,
sorting, looking up values or taking only specific records out like top
5 for example. This can be easily done with the collections filters that are included in the HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter Dreamweaver tool. More details about each collection filter you'll find below, along with an awesome example with preview in Dreamweaver design view as well as in the browser. Tomorrow you'll make you familiar with the rest of the filters packed in this amazing extension.
- Average - Returns the average of all numbers in a collection
- Count - Returns the number of items in the collection.
- Group by - Group a collection by a property.
- Join - Returns the values of a collection joined together with the given character.
- Last - Returns only a given number of items from the end of the collection.
- Max - Returns the highest number in a collection.
- Min - Returns the lowest number in the collection.
- Randomize - Randomizes all the records in a collection
- Reverse - Reverse a collection.
- Sort - Sorts a collection.
- Sum - The sum of all numbers in a collection.
- Top - Returns only a given number of items from the beginning of the collection.
- Unique - Returns an unique collection.
- Where - Filters collection on a property value.
For this example we created a Top 3 voted pictures page, where we used the top collections filter. The filter is applied, using the HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter.
HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter
Dreamweaver Design View
Our weekly content summary
This week was all about our newly released HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter that is already available in the Extensions section. Through the week we posted numerous blog posts with details for all the formatting filters that are included in this amazing Dreamweaver tool and also video tutorials and a hundred plus user manual that will help you work with this tool. Also the HTML5 Data Bindings got a huge power boost and its 1.2.0 version is packed with new features.