In this article we'll take a close look at the conditional filters that are packed in the upcoming HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter extension, that is due for official release on Wednesday. You can use conditional data formatting in order to make certain data stand out or apply filtering to your repeating data. The different conditional filters are suitable if you want to use them for form validation, conditional regions display and more. Check out the details below and stay tuned for more features in detail coming later and tomorrow!
- Between - Returns every record in the table where the field's value is between the values you enter.
- Contains - Returns every record in the table where the field's value contains the value you enter.
- Ends with - Returns every record in the table where the field's value ends with the value you enter.
- Starts with - Returns every record in the table where the field's value begins with the value you enter.
- Test - Tests a string with a regular expression.
- Then - Evaluates a condition and based on its results returns the appropriate value.
For this example we used a table that contains the last customers' orders. It can be filtered by date, customer ID, name and so on. All filters are applied, using the HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter that returns the results based on different criteria.
HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter
Dreamweaver Design View
Our weekly content summary
This week was all about our newly released HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter that is already available in the Extensions section. Through the week we posted numerous blog posts with details for all the formatting filters that are included in this amazing Dreamweaver tool and also video tutorials and a hundred plus user manual that will help you work with this tool. Also the HTML5 Data Bindings got a huge power boost and its 1.2.0 version is packed with new features.