With the release of HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter, HTML5 Data Bindings received a major update that includes new features and great improvements in terms of speed and not only. Now your web apps will be mighty fast in showing all the data. Along with the full support for the HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter, the global objects $URL and $FORM are now available directly in the HTML5 Data Bindings floating panel. These and many, many more you'll find in the what's new list below.
What's New in HTML5 Data Bindings 1.2.0:
- NEW: Full Support for the new HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter extension - now you can have all kind of conditional formatting, expressions, date and time formatting, currency and much more!
- NEW: Global objects $URL and $FORM are now available directly in the HTML5 Data Bindings floating panel
- NEW: Use HTML5 Data Bindings without any Data Sources! If you wish you can bind to the Global objects only, like $URL and $FORM and use them as bindings on a page without any data sources!
- NEW: Global $FORM collection is now automatically generated based on all form field that your page contains
- NEW - Fully automated data bindings refreshing! Now dependent data bindings on form fields are automatically detected and refreshed when the form fields change!
- NEW: Option to prevent automatic loading of a Data Source. This is very useful for dependent data sources that needs to be loaded later.
- NEW: Data binding to set initial value of form fields! Now you can set the initial value, or checked and selected value of radios, check boxes and select lists based on a data binding! Just use the new data binding attributes for data.checked, data.selected and data.value on checkboxes, radios or list HTML controls.
- NEW: Allow nesting repeat regions for grouped data. This way you can create nested regions with the group by filter from HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter.
- Greatly improved and optimized repeat and detail regions rendering speed! Now your web apps will be mighty fast in showing all the data.
- Allows dynamic expressions and filters is all data bindings! To access the various formats and filters you need the new HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter extension.
- Great improvements in working with Data Bindings in code view!
- New kind of binding insert as 'Html', this will allow you to add a div tag that receives its inner html content directly from a data binding. Very useful to render html preformatted content.
- Allows you to bind attributes more to SPAN and DIV tags, even special data bindings region attributes.
- Allows you to insert a collection data binding as a regular text binding, so you can perform actions on it like counting with the new HTML5 Data Binding Formatter extension.
- Improved data binding on TABLE and TR tags as well as UL/OL/DL
- Improved selection detection and bindings
- Control HTML5 Data Bindings behavior improved
- Improved selection of repeat region attributes
Our weekly content summary
This week was all about our newly released HTML5 Data Bindings Formatter that is already available in the Extensions section. Through the week we posted numerous blog posts with details for all the formatting filters that are included in this amazing Dreamweaver tool and also video tutorials and a hundred plus user manual that will help you work with this tool. Also the HTML5 Data Bindings got a huge power boost and its 1.2.0 version is packed with new features.