We're super excited to share with you that after further development, it turned out that HTML5 Geo Location will not only work as an add-on for HTML5 Data Bindings, but also as an awesome stand alone extension. Due to its advanced options you'll be able to react on various events on your page, like when Geo location is successfully retrieved, when permission is denied and many more with the help of DMXzone Behavior Connector. Also using the control HTML5 Geo Location you can choose an action to be executed. These and many more features you can check out in our preview below. Stay tuned for the official release tomorrow!
- Full integration with HTML5 Data Bindings - You can use HTML5 Geo Location as a stand alone extension as well as an add-on for HTML5 Data Bindings.
- Continuous tracking - Returns the current position of the user and continues to return updated position as the user moves (like the GPS in a car). If disabled only an initial position will be returned.
- High accuracy - Provides a hint that the application would like the best possible results. This may cause a slower response time and in the case of a mobile device, greater power consumption as it may use GPS.
- Timeout - Represents the maximum length of time (in milliseconds) the device is allowed to take in order to return a position. If value is Infinity, it means that the location call won't return until the position is available.
- Maximum age - Indicates the maximum age in milliseconds of a possible cached position that is acceptable to return. If set to 0, it means that the device cannot use a cached position and must attempt to retrieve the real current position. If set to Infinity the device must return a cached position regardless of its age.
- Full integration with DMXzone Behavior Connector - React on various events on your page, like when Geo location is successfully retrieved, when permission is denied and many more.
- When Geo location is successfully retrieved.
- When permission is denied
- If Geo location is not supported
- If timeout has occurred
- If Geo location is unavailable
- When an unhandled error has occurred
- Control HTML5 Geo Location - Using the control HTML5 Geo Location you can choose an action to be executed. The available ones are get current position, start and stop tracking.