DMXzone Updater (free extension) Support Product Page

Solved

Can No Longer Install DMXZone Extensions

Reported 22 Jan 2014 22:15:57
have this problem
22 Jan 2014 22:15:57 Jake M. posted:
I can't install DMXZone extensions any more. I install the extension, launch Dreamweaver, it brings up the DMXZone interface to complete installation. I enter my subscription serial number, username, password and it throws an error saying:
"ERROR INCOMPLETE INSTALLATION!!
Cannot find the complimentary installation file file:///c|Program Files(x86)/Adobe/Adobe Dreamweaver CC/Configuration/temp/SMailerPHP10/SMailerPHP10_install.xml"

This is for any DMXZone extension I try - this example is for Smart Mailer. I've uninstalled all extensions and reinstalled with no success. I've even uninstalled Dreamweaver entirely, deleted the remaining directory, cleaned my registry, rebooted, and and I still cannot install any DMXZone extensions. I can install other non-DMXZone extensions, though.
I'm under a time crunch at this point - any help would be appreciated before I do a complete Operating System rebuild to attempt to solve this.

Official Solution

Replied 05 Mar 2014 15:10:17
Hi All,

We finally were able to find out what was causing the problem and corrupting our extension installers!

It turns out that the new WebAssist extensions have a bad code in them that empties the Dreamweaver temp folder on each page open so actually trashing our extension installers...

How to solve the problem:

1. Remove all WebAssist extensions
2. Go to:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Commands

for Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/Configuration/Commands

(if you have CS6 or other DW version replace the CC in the above paths with it)

Make sure that those two files are not in there:
installer_onOpen.htm
installer2_onOpen.htm

If they still exists then delete them.

After that you will be able to install the extensions from DMXzone as you are used to.

We will contact WebAssist and let them know about the issue, so hopefully they will soon fix their extensions to be less destructive ... but for the time being follow the procedure above.

Greetings,
George Petrov
DMXzone.com

Replies

Replied 07 Feb 2014 17:39:51
07 Feb 2014 17:39:51 Jake M. replied:
No, I still can't use SmartMailer PHP or Zip Processor. This also started for me when I used the DMXZone updater - not saying the updater caused the issue, just saying that I used DMXZone updater to update one extension and after that these problems emerged. I leave it to the experts to determine if one is related to the other.
Here is what I've already tried to resolve this:
I've uninstalled all extensions and Dreamweaver multiple times.
I resintalled Dreamweaver and installed one extension at a time.
I've deleted my local user profile and started a new one.
After all of this, Nivoslider, the original extension that was broken for me, can now work. However, those other two no longer work. It is possible others won't work as well - I won't know until I need other extensions and try them.

So, if uninstall/reinstall solved "all of the other users' problems", then Scott, looks like you and I are just the odd men out. It's a numbers game, and the numbers ain't in our favor.

I'm planning on rebuilding my OS once I'm done with my current project. If that doesn't fix it, then it's really a mystery.
Replied 20 Feb 2014 18:55:16
20 Feb 2014 18:55:16 Peter Olschewski replied:
I just got the new bootstrap update and supersized. everything was fine before the install . i only have a total of 5 extensions installed. After installing these 2 both gave the same error about the missing files. What is the status on this ?
Replied 20 Feb 2014 19:52:30
20 Feb 2014 19:52:30 George Petrov replied:
this issue seems to occur very rarely and it points to corrupted Dreamweaver installation.

We advise to do a new clean DW installation and then add the extensions to it.

Sorry about the trouble but there is really nothing we can do.

Greetings,
George Petrov

Replied 20 Feb 2014 19:57:19
20 Feb 2014 19:57:19 Jake M. replied:
"We advise to do a new clean DW installation and then add the extensions to it."

I have done this. I've removed all extensions, uninstalled DW, deleted my user profile and built a new one, cleaned registry, and reinstalled. Did not fix.
Replied 20 Feb 2014 20:32:11
20 Feb 2014 20:32:11 Peter Olschewski replied:
"We advise to do a new clean DW installation and then add the extensions to it."

Same here tried this more than once and no luck. This worked forever until sometime 2 month ago and it stopped at the same time for everyone. And its only YOUR products which have the issue. Its not a corrupted DW installation. And if it is than your products is corrupting it. I have no other extensions installed and than i update one DMX Zone product and it breaks. So it worked before i install one of your products and it breaks and its not your problem ? What gives?
Replied 21 Feb 2014 09:47:49
21 Feb 2014 09:47:49 George Petrov replied:
Hi All,

This is indeed a very weird problem. We have tried to replicate it but still without success.

A few more things to check:

1. Always look in the user configuration folder in:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration

2. Is there a file called mm_deleted_files.xml and what is its contents?

3. Do you see other folders in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC
except en_US and cloudpref ?

4. if you download the extension from DMXzone and then install it directly in Extension Manager does it work then?

5. Please confirm that error occurs after using DMXzone Updater - and when exactly.

6. Do you have any virus scanners active? Do they report anything in their scanner logs? Try to switch them off and then install again.

So please answer those questions as detailed as possible so we can narrow this nasty problem.

Thanks!
George
Replied 21 Feb 2014 14:02:34
21 Feb 2014 14:02:34 Peter Olschewski replied:
2. Is there a file called mm_deleted_files.xml and what is its contents?
No there is not

4. if you download the extension from DMXzone and then install it directly in Extension Manager does it work then?

It does not

5. Please confirm that error occurs after using DMXzone Updater - and when exactly.

It does not. Also happens if downloaded separately and installed by hand

6. Do you have any virus scanners active? Do they report anything in their scanner logs? Try to switch them off and then install again.

Using ESET Smart Security, Nothing in the logs
Replied 21 Feb 2014 14:30:13
21 Feb 2014 14:30:13 George Petrov replied:
Hi Scott,

can we organize a teamviewer session so I can check directly on your PC what is going on.

Please mail me a teamviewer access code at

Greetings,
George
Replied 01 Mar 2014 03:43:36
01 Mar 2014 03:43:36 Jake M. replied:
I tried to install Pure PHP Upload and got the same issue.

So it seems like the older extensions are what I'm unable to install. Newer ones don't have a problem.
Replied 03 Mar 2014 09:19:50
03 Mar 2014 09:19:50 George Petrov replied:
Hi All,

For those who still have this problem, please do the following:

Start Extension Manager CC
Please click "Tools"->"Preferences" menu item in Extension Manager, check "Enable detailed logging" option. Restart Extension Manager. Then install the extension again with fresh download from DMXzone and then through Extension Manager.

After the error message pops up. Send the log files under:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log

for Mac:
"/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Extension Manager CC/Log" folder

to

Those log files will help us determinate the problem.

Thanks,
George

Replied 03 Mar 2014 17:26:35
03 Mar 2014 17:26:35 Jake M. replied:
Sent my logs to you.
Replied 05 Mar 2014 15:10:17
05 Mar 2014 15:10:17 George Petrov replied:
Hi All,

We finally were able to find out what was causing the problem and corrupting our extension installers!

It turns out that the new WebAssist extensions have a bad code in them that empties the Dreamweaver temp folder on each page open so actually trashing our extension installers...

How to solve the problem:

1. Remove all WebAssist extensions
2. Go to:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Commands

for Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/Configuration/Commands

(if you have CS6 or other DW version replace the CC in the above paths with it)

Make sure that those two files are not in there:
installer_onOpen.htm
installer2_onOpen.htm

If they still exists then delete them.

After that you will be able to install the extensions from DMXzone as you are used to.

We will contact WebAssist and let them know about the issue, so hopefully they will soon fix their extensions to be less destructive ... but for the time being follow the procedure above.

Greetings,
George Petrov
DMXzone.com

Replied 14 Mar 2014 15:44:31
14 Mar 2014 15:44:31 Andre Bender replied:
Doesn't work for me. I deinstalled WA extensions, deleted the files mentioned, reinstalled dmxHTML5DataBindings. I see it in the menu but can't select it.
Some of your extension works other (the newest ones) are not.

DW CC on Mac.
Replied 06 Apr 2014 06:31:36
06 Apr 2014 06:31:36 Andre Bender replied:
I've sent you an email. I still got problems installing your extension on DW CC.
Replied 07 Apr 2014 20:08:20
07 Apr 2014 20:08:20 Andre Bender replied:
Do you have an idea what's going wrong? Thanks for any help.
Replied 20 Apr 2014 02:02:31
20 Apr 2014 02:02:31 Jaydee Escobedo replied:
Any idea if this has been solved without deleting any webassist extension. Appreciate anyone that will be able to help with this. I am still having trouble updating any extensions for dmxzone.
Replied 20 Apr 2014 05:44:20
20 Apr 2014 05:44:20 Danny Mitchell replied:
I have an issue with installing three items I purchased yesterday.
I have removed Web Assist Super Suite extensions
that were installed, deleted the two files mentioned above and still get these errors, what does it take to fix this?
www.redcherrycoffeeshop.com.au/images/DMX_errors.png
All I want is what I paid for, extensions and software that works without issue, I dont care who's fault it is, just want it fixed.
I look forward to answer.
Regards
Danny
Replied 20 Apr 2014 05:45:11
20 Apr 2014 05:45:11 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Jaydee,
Unfortunately it is not possible to install the updates without uninstalling the webassist extensions. Please contact them for any updates of their code.
Replied 20 Apr 2014 17:55:24
20 Apr 2014 17:55:24 Jake M. replied:
WebAssist will push back and say that DMXZone customers are the only one's impacted, so it's a DMXZone problem. DMXZone is saying it's WebAssist's code, so it's WebAssists problem.

Whoever is truly at fault is now irrelevant. Whoever fixes it will be the hero.
Replied 20 Apr 2014 20:00:29
20 Apr 2014 20:00:29 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Jake,
I think George already described the issue as detailed as possible.
The fact that our extensions installer has been working fine for the past 10+ years (with or without webassit extensions installed in Dreamweaver) and the error started to appear after a recent webassist extensions update pretty much sums up where the problem is.
Replied 20 Apr 2014 20:47:03
20 Apr 2014 20:47:03 Jake M. replied:
Agreed. My point was, whoever solves it for their customers will be seen as the hero. That's all.
Replied 20 Apr 2014 20:52:30
20 Apr 2014 20:52:30 Jake M. replied:
And one interesting quirk. I only have the problem with old extensions. So maybe update those to whatever it is about the newer ones that works?
Replied 02 Jul 2014 17:59:41
02 Jul 2014 17:59:41 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello,
After months of hard work and development the DMXzone team is happy to announce the official release of DMXzone Extension Manager for Dreamweaver. Our new generation extension manager is all you need in order to install, update and manage all your Dreamweaver extensions and templates with a simple username/password login, without complicated installers. It is available for Mac and Windows users and you can download and install it for free from our Extensions section. Note that the DMXzone Extension Manager is a stand-alone tray app and comes in .exe and .dmg file format for direct install.
The problems caused by WebAssist installer in Dreamweaver Extension manager are now not affecting our installations in DMXzone Extension Manager

Reply to this topic