Studio MX 2004 released Support Product Page

This topic was archived

not a bug, but a big productivity loss

Reported 11 Sep 2003 17:29:20
has this problem
11 Sep 2003 17:29:20 Alex White posted:
Why on earth did they get rid of 1-click application of styles from the CSS window?

In MX04 if I want to apply a style I've got to go click/scroll click in the properties box, or rightclick, hunt, click or some other convoluted procedure. Applying styles is one of the most common activities in my day to day usage, and this is such a silly backwards step for them to take, I'm astonished.

Replies

Replied 12 Sep 2003 08:02:27
12 Sep 2003 08:02:27 Allan Kent replied:
Hi Alex,

I guess it's a matter of how you work. I personally found the styles in the Properties panel to be more convenient, and from a beginners point of view, it's certainly in a more obvious place now.

I guess it couldn't have hurt to leave the apply style functionality in the styles palette for those who prefer working that way.

Allan
Replied 12 Sep 2003 11:11:24
12 Sep 2003 11:11:24 Alex White replied:
That is my thinking too. Adding styles (with a visual indication of what they are) to the properties panel is a great move. I'm just shocked that they took away something that has been a staple of DW since the very earliest days.

Replied 18 Sep 2003 20:57:42
18 Sep 2003 20:57:42 Auz Clement replied:
Yes, this seemed like a backwards step to me as well. I do like the added functionaity with the drop down, but why take away the other apply method.

******* side note: another thing that is not a bug, but would have been useful is the ability to upload a single image from the page. Say if I right-clicked an image and within the list of options was a way to upload it. This would save time by not having to search in the files menu for the image to upload it. If there is a way to do this currently please let me know.

John Auzheal Clement
(www.digitm.com)
Replied 19 Sep 2003 01:38:04
19 Sep 2003 01:38:04 d d replied:
image upload would be absolutlu fanstastic, also ability to upload files from search and replace interface (i.e. upload just changed files from it) would be nice...

Daniel
Replied 19 Sep 2003 01:41:00
19 Sep 2003 01:41:00 John Waller replied:
******* side note: another thing that is not a bug, but would have been useful is the ability to upload a single image from the page. Say if I right-clicked an image and within the list of options was a way to upload it.

I completely agree. Would be a great productivity enhancement.
Replied 19 Sep 2003 10:38:02
19 Sep 2003 10:38:02 Alex White replied:
I have another complaint about that CSS window too - why does it just throw stuff up in the order it happens to be in the CSS file? Why not make it alphabetic at least, which would have the side effect of separating out tag changes and class definitions as well as making it easy to find something.

Having to hunt for a specific style in that window does even more to render it useless in day to day work.

... I wish I knew how to get onto the beta testing group for Dreamweaver so I could raise this issues at a point where something could be done about it!

Reply to this topic