Advanced HTML Editor 2 Support Product Page

This topic was archived

Problem with BaseURL JS

Reported 13 Mar 2006 17:17:57
has this problem
13 Mar 2006 17:17:57 Bill Easton posted:
I have something weird going on (I've had it before, but don't think I've posted before). Basically, whenever I save my page, the following code automatically gets deleted:

<pre id=code><font face=courier size=2 id=code>
&lt;script language="javascript"&gt;
&lt;!--
/* BEGIN Advanced HTML Editor */
var BaseURL = "../";
/* END Advanced HTML Editor */
//--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;
</font id=code></pre id=code>

Resulting in a blank textarea when I try and use a live page. I've figured it out and add it back in in BBEdit and it works fine, but if I don't do that, DW just deletes it. I do have some custom javascript above it that I think is probably causing DW to act funky, but it's nothing too odd. Just parsing a date that was entered into the form fields. Here it is:

&lt;script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"&gt;
&lt;!--

function processForm() {
document.editArticleForm.articleDate.value = document.editArticleForm.yearDate.value + "-" + document.editArticleForm.monthDate.value + "-" + document.editArticleForm.dayDate.value;
document.editArticleForm.submit();
}

--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;

Very strange. This is what that block of the header is supposed to look like:

&lt;!--

function processForm() {
document.editArticleForm.articleDate.value = document.editArticleForm.yearDate.value + "-" + document.editArticleForm.monthDate.value + "-" + document.editArticleForm.dayDate.value;
}

--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script language='javascript' src='../ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.js'&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;
&lt;!--

.dmx_btn { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px solid #ECE9D8; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #ECE9D8; }
.dmx_btnOver { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px outset; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FCF9E8; }
.dmx_btnDown { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px inset; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FCF9E8; }
.dmx_btnNA { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px solid #ECE9D8; margin: 0; padding: 0; -moz-opacity:0.25; opacity:0.25; filter: alpha(opacity=25);}
.dmx_menuBar { background-color: #ECE9D8; }
--&gt;
&lt;/style&gt;
&lt;script language="javascript"&gt;
&lt;!--
var BaseURL = "../";
//--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script language="JavaScript" src="../ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLLang.js"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script language="JavaScript" src="../ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLEdit.js"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

And this is what it saves:

&lt;!--

function processForm() {
}

--&gt;
&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script language='javascript' src='../ScriptLibrary/incPureUpload.js'&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;
&lt;!--

.dmx_btn { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px solid #ECE9D8; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #ECE9D8; }
.dmx_btnOver { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px outset; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FCF9E8; }
.dmx_btnDown { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px inset; margin: 0; padding: 0; background-color: #FCF9E8; }
.dmx_btnNA { width: 22px; height: 22px; border: 1px solid #ECE9D8; margin: 0; padding: 0; -moz-opacity:0.25; opacity:0.25; filter: alpha(opacity=25);}
.dmx_menuBar { background-color: #ECE9D8; }
--&gt;
&lt;/style&gt;
&lt;script language="JavaScript" src="../ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLLang.js"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
&lt;script language="JavaScript" src="../ScriptLibrary/AdvHTMLEdit.js"&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

Any tips or help on this one?

Edited by - captcashew on 13 Mar 2006 17:18:36

Replies

Replied 22 May 2006 20:00:03
22 May 2006 20:00:03 Carl Grint replied:
I have exactly the same problem, on save dreamweaver removes the BaseURL code, however often I paste it in.

However if I try it on a blank page, put a form in and a html editor text area, not a problem the BaseURL stays....very annoying as I purchased this to replace a free javascript based text editor which was a bit of a pain to edit...and this was so much easier, but with this problem I can not use it, as the problem is stopping it from working, and although as you say you can edit the code in a text editor, there will be times when you want to edit the extension, and you are going to lose the BaseURL.

I have found that on Save the page keeps almost refreshing when in code view, it removes the BaseURL on my problem page, but also messes around with other dynamic code on others page, silly things like a include to pull in a title for the page has a break return put in it...weird.

Hope dmxzone reply to this query soon...but as your post was back in March...rather concerned nothing will come of this.

Web Development Consultant
providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranets/Extranets and a wide range of Web applications.

Details can be viewed at www.cgw3.co.uk
Replied 21 Jul 2006 09:33:46
21 Jul 2006 09:33:46 Carl Grint replied:
still no follow up then...?

Web Development Consultant
providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranets/Extranets and a wide range of Web applications.

Details can be viewed at www.cgw3.co.uk
Replied 26 Sep 2006 19:38:55
26 Sep 2006 19:38:55 Bill Easton replied:
Still nothing?

Reply to this topic