Smart Mailer PHP Support Product Page

This topic was archived

session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter

Asked 06 Jun 2006 22:39:45
has this question
06 Jun 2006 22:39:45 Chris Charlton posted:
Noticed errors in my log:

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>[Thu Jun 1 01:14:15 2006] [error] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/filesfor/public_html/ScriptLibrary/incSmartMailer.php:7) in /home/filesfor/public_html/ScriptLibrary/incSmartMailer.php on line 7
[Thu Jun 1 01:14:15 2006] [error] PHP Warning: session_start(): The session id contains invalid characters, valid characters are only a-z, A-Z and 0-9 in /home/filesfor/public_html/ScriptLibrary/incSmartMailer.php on line 7
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Chris Charlton <i>- DMXzone Manager</i>
<font size=1>[ Studio MX/MX2004 | PHP/ASP | SQL | XHTML/CSS | XML | Actionscript | Web Accessibility | MX Extensibility ]</font id=size1>

Replies

Replied 23 Jun 2008 01:02:13
23 Jun 2008 01:02:13 Federico Dalla Pasqua replied:
Any idea? cause I am getting this error too
Replied 24 Jun 2008 11:10:34
24 Jun 2008 11:10:34 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi people,

Could you please tell give me the following information:

1. PHP version you are running
2. Any specific settings on the server
3. Folder security settings
4. In addition check your code.

Headers already sent error happens if you edit certain files and leave some white space ( carriage returns or spacebar, spaces etc - well it will happen too if you added text, but you would have noticed doing that! ) usually after the closing php tag:

?&gt;

this is because certain operations in the code will fail if even a single space is sent to the browser first. Before you save a file, check that it does not contain anything after the closing php tag ?&gt; at the bottom of the file.

Regards,

DMX Zones Support Team
Replied 24 Jun 2008 16:29:13
24 Jun 2008 16:29:13 Federico Dalla Pasqua replied:
Well basically I think I found what was, first I use a server test machine with windows 2003 server installed (full ASP and ASP.NET support) with PHP version 5.2.5, Mysql ver. 5.0.51b, basicaly an uptodate test machine (at least I try to keep it updated).
I developed a web site with some forms and used Smart Mailer PHP, all work with no problems on the test machine so I uploaded all on my client hosting and I got the error. The PHP version on the hosting service is the 4.3.10 (I still wonder why host companies dont spend a bit of time updating things...). I looked on other forums to find a solution but nothing so i created a new page with a forum and uploaded it...it worked, at this point I starte look at the code (maybe something wrong), with a file compare program I found few strange chars (that I was unable to see with dreamweaver or other thext editors) at the top of the pages, just pefore the Smart Mailer include.

Basically i did again the page and checked those char were no more on the code and all worked. I dunno where those chars come from (Dreamweaver maybe? I use CS3 btw) also looks like new version of PHP dont read those chars and all works but old versions go crazy.

I am gonna try to set up more php version on another test machine and do some tests and see.

Btw this was the first line (not working): &lt;?php require_once('ScriptLibrary/incSmartMailer.php'); ?&gt;, removed the "" and worked.

Replied 24 Jun 2008 16:35:21
24 Jun 2008 16:35:21 Kiril Iliev replied:
Hi Federico ,

Yes, some strange characters are not able to be seen with Dreamweaver or NotePad. I tend to use Eclipse PHP Plugin to review my code for these.

DMX Zones Support Team

Reply to this topic