Smart Image Processor PHP 2 Support Product Page

Solved

Image not resizing nor creating thumbnail

Reported 08 Nov 2009 21:21:16
have this problem
08 Nov 2009 21:21:16 Chi Melville posted:
I've had the problem of Smart Image Processor PHP 2 not resizing images nor creating thumbnails when the original image is about 700KB or larger - which isn't that big by today's cameras standards. It's not appropriate that I ask & instruct my clients to resize their images before uploading them, which is what I've had to do - that's what I bought this script for.

Luckily I found the answer on this forum posted by Mat P. - thank you Mat - here's the link
wwww.dmxzone.com/forum/topic/43588/

My question is - when are you going to fix this in your script so I don't have to manually edit this each time I use it? After all, this is a paid product and the reason I bought it is to save me the time & trouble of manually editing things like this.

Are you aware of the problem? Do you have a fix planned?

Thanks,

Replies

Replied 28 Jan 2015 11:41:46
28 Jan 2015 11:41:46 Bruce Wilkie replied:
Really dissapointing that this is still an issue. I've wasted countless hours trying to get it to work over the last few months. Going to try Michael Bosquez's suggested alternative above and see what happens. If it works will post here.
Replied 28 Jan 2015 14:07:37
28 Jan 2015 14:07:37 Michael Bosquez replied:
Hey, Bruce. I have continued to have issues with the mix of DMXZone extensions that upload and resize. Miro is working on another issue right now. My general rule of thumb is now to use DMXZone extensions when they work, but when I need to insert or update along with an image upload and resize I use the extension from DWZoneit per my recent post. That one, too, has an image size issue but it's a function of the server. But that extension does actually insert, upload, resize, and you can make it delete before update if you need that. Miro is trying to make the DMXZone extensions work for me now. If I hand code I can make most of it work. But the delete before update will not work. It never deletes. And the hand coding is annoying.

Mike

Reply to this topic