Hello users of Dreamweaver CC
If you are unable to use 960 grid in Dreamweaver CC here is the solution.
First, you need to have Dreamweaver 5.5 installed with 960 grid extension installed in 5.5.
Second, 960 grid is shown only in the classic mode of Dreamweaver 5.5 once you have 5.5 open in the classic mode and the 960 grid tabs showing you may now close this version and proceed to the next step, and here's where it gets a tad bit complicated, and if you are not familiar with your App Data on your computer paid very close attention to these directions.
Third, you have to navigate to the App Data for Dreamweaver 5.5 copy two xml files and move them to Dreamweaver CC.
1. Click on your start menu and select computer
2. Next click on the primary hard disk drive where your programs are located
3. Next click on users and open that window
4. Next click on AppData to open that folder and navigate to the roaming folder and click on it.
5. Next you will have to click on the Adobe folder and navigate down to Dreamweaver CS 5.5 and double-click on that folder and open it.
6. Once you're inside of the Dreamweaver CS 5.5 folder double-click on en_US and navigate to the configuration folder and open this folder.
7. Once you are inside of the configuration folder scroll down and open up workspace folder. Once the site of the workspace folder you will see two and possibly more XML files. Copy the Classic & Designer XML files. In your navigation window you should see and address very similar to this.
8. Once the two XML files are copied you will have to do exactly the same thing as above except you'll be navigating to your Dreamweaver CC AppData file instead. Once you get inside of that folder simply paste the two XML files and close all Windows.
9. Once you have done all of the above reinstalled the 960 grid extension and be sure to use the extension manager for CC and not the one for CS
10. After installing the 960 grid extension close the installer and open Dreamweaver CC and select your workspace as classic and you should have the 960 grid system displayed in all of its blazing glory!!!!!
Because this is somewhat complicated I will try to make a video tutorial and posted on my website in the near future.
My site is www.arkansasdigitaldesign.com