DMXzone Database Connector PHP Support Product Page

Solved

Error Using This Database Connection Server Response:

Reported 22 Jun 2015 21:04:06
have this problem
22 Jun 2015 21:04:06 Dave Smith posted:
Hi,
Am experiencing an error trying to update a database source to reflect new fields added to the database. My testing server is configured exactly the same as my live server including username, password, and database name. When I test the database connection it connects fine but as soon as I try to apply or via the source itself, refresh, I get the error 'Error Using This Database Connection Server Response:'

I have been through all my settings and checked my test server and live server. My database locally is exactly the same as my remote database. I use DB Forge and SQL Workbench and these connect just fine and show the new fields as they should do..

For now I have added the fields manually to the connections file used for the site but this is a workaround and not a solution.

Please can you help?

Thanks in advance!

Dave.

Replies

Replied 16 Mar 2016 17:25:49
16 Mar 2016 17:25:49 Sandra Sailer replied:
I just purchased and installed the extension, and I'm already having issues. On my connection screen, I am using SQL Server for my database type, and entering all the correct credentials. I know they are correct - I'm using this database both locally and on a live site, and both are producing errors.

The error I'm receiving is: Error using this database connection! Server response: could not find driver.

What driver? It doesn't specify which driver it's looking for? I've set up the DSNs correct, and they do work. Also, I can connect to the DB on the server, through the SQL Server Management Studio, but this connection will not allow me to connect. This was an expensive extension and it has to work.

Live Chat isn't working. I've been waiting for 1 minute for the last half hour. :/

Help!
Replied 22 Apr 2016 19:11:54
22 Apr 2016 19:11:54 Greta Garberini replied:
Same thing happened since our server was updated to php 7. It worked before (php 5.3). DMX writes that we need php 5.3+. So, I assume php 7 should work also.
Maybe we get a reply form DMX?
Replied 07 Jun 2016 00:00:25
07 Jun 2016 00:00:25 James Young replied:
I have been using Dreamweaver CC2014 on my windows computer without a problem. I decided to load Dreamweaver CC2015 onto my Mac. I could not connect to the database with the database connection on my Mac. I wound up uninstalling Dreamweaver 2 times and all the extensions and all of a sudden everything worked....

I noticed when I used dreamweaver that certain extensions were not showing up... (unfortunately I didn't make a list of what they were)... I loaded all my extensions again and now I'm back to not being able to connect anymore. Tonight I uninstalled Dreamweaver CC2015 and all extensions again and still cannot connect. I am so frustrated since I would like to use my Mac and I just have no idea. What I did on my windows is that I load the IP address as the server address or localhost and it works.... I cannot get either to work on my Mac? Any new thoughts?
Replied 07 Jun 2016 00:10:57
07 Jun 2016 00:10:57 James Young replied:
I may not have made this clear enough but I can connect to a website/server using my windows computer that's running Dreamweaver CC2014 but I cannot connect to the same website/server if I use my Mac that's running Dreamweaver CC2015 .... I have no problems with Dreamweaver connecting to the server on either platform, it's just the database connection extension... why would it work on one platform and not the other - is there an issue with using the extension with Dreamweaver CC2015 ?
Replied 20 Jun 2016 14:23:14
20 Jun 2016 14:23:14 Dave Smith replied:
Another tip:

The Database Connector will not work if you do not have your Local Server running

I have just realised this myself after having the same issue again, searching for an answer, finding my own thread/fix, trying it and still getting a connection error...........

Replied 20 Jun 2016 15:00:35
20 Jun 2016 15:00:35 Greta Garberini replied:
Well, this is pretty obvious. The connector runs on php /asp which refuses to work without a server, not unlike an Austrian government employee on Sundays.
Replied 20 Jun 2016 15:07:16
20 Jun 2016 15:07:16 Dave Smith replied:
I was stuck in a coffee loop and thought I'd add the obvious to this thread as no doubt the next time I am looping I will end up here again

Can't talk for Austrian government officials but can give a shout out to their counterparts in Portugal! Simple rule here. You can be late for everything in life, important meetings, funerals, school, work....... But you are condemned if you are late for lunch!

Replied 24 Jul 2017 14:38:11
24 Jul 2017 14:38:11 Miguel Quintero replied:
Im having this issue my server is a vagrant scotch box

vagrant@scotchbox:~$ php -v
PHP 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1 (cli)

No luck connecting to any database with this extension, all other projects that do not need dmxzone work fine, also waiting for over an hour on chat support
Replied 03 Aug 2017 05:15:01
03 Aug 2017 05:15:01 Greta Garberini replied:
Hi,
Maybe I can help if you explain a bit what "No luck connecting" means? If this is a Ubuntu Trusty Tahr box, it should work (I use Xenial Xerus but had most LTS versions before)

best,
Greta
Replied 24 Nov 2019 21:12:27
24 Nov 2019 21:12:27 Utku Selamoglu replied:
what is the solution for this problem?

Reply to this topic