HTML5 Form Validator Support Product Page

Solved

Server validation not saving in Server Connect

Reported 29 Sep 2016 09:37:26
has this problem
29 Sep 2016 09:37:26 David Woolley posted:
I've started adding server & client validation to all my forms.

So I'm setting up the server validation first.

Global Input Validation:
Export validations to form
Checked Auto Export on Action Save

This should automatically create Client Validation on the relevant form fields.

However the Server Action does not SAVE, as soon as I add the validation to the $_POST variables under GLOBALS.

Server Connect is latest version 1.3.2
DW CS6
W10

Replies

Replied 28 Feb 2017 13:58:06
28 Feb 2017 13:58:06 Dave Smith replied:
Sure.

After adding the database connection I add the Validate Data step. I follow the exact instructions outlined in the video located here:

www.dmxzone.com/go/32321/validating-input-value-against-database

I name my Validations MasterSync for example (no spaces, no hyphens etc). I pick the Expression using the picker to select from the Global Inputs imported from the form. I name the Linked Fields correctly corresponding with their input names, selecting Exists in Database (to confirm the entry exists), select the Connection, Table, Column, and enter a short message (Invalid). I then click Save and Save the Action, continue with the Insert and save the Action.

When I revisit the Action and click on the Validate Data step the Names are maintained but the Expression is blank.

Now if I copy and paste the Expression in to the Expression area and click save they remain and are stored no problem.

Am using DWCC2017 (all up to date), all Extensions are also up to date.

As I mentioned above I have got around it by pasting in the Expression values manually and everything works just fine and as it should.

Thanks for your immediate response above.

Reply to this topic