I'm not sure what Firefox did, but as of two days ago, Bootstrap 3 forms fields were no longer where holding the values I had assigned them. Everything continues to work correctly in Chrome and Safari.
Upon further investigation, I think it may be related to a recent update of App Connect.
I was able to fix the forms by adding .toNumber() formatting to the value parameter of the field. (Before, the casting was more forgiving, when I was adding number fields I did not have to include the .toNumber() formatting, but it appears that it is now necessary to do so.)
I can supply a link if you still think it would be valuable, but I think I have worked around the issue.
That could indeed be the issue. App connect was quite too "smart" and improperly showed the number type fields as numbers. According HTML specification all fields must return strings, so we fixed that.