Active Slideshow Pro Support Product Page

what about the mac iPad

Asked 30 Apr 2010 19:04:15
has this question
30 Apr 2010 19:04:15 eddie rosenthal posted:
I am a bit confused about whether or not these slide show programs, including Active Slideshow Pro and others will show up on the browsers in the new iPad mac machines. I don't have one of those machines, but i have read and have some personal experience that these machines do not have flash installed, that even Steve Jobs does not like flash and there will have to be used some other sort of viewers on the browsers (html5 video players) to make sure there is a fallback position for these new machines. Can you please comment on the possible issues regarding this? Thanks in advance, eddie

Replies

Replied 03 May 2010 10:03:16
03 May 2010 10:03:16 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Eddie,

Flash is not supported on iPad platform. So any Flash-based application is not advisable to be used when one is building iPad ware.
Any other - meaning JavaScrip based, CSS+JavaScript based or CSS-based - will work on iPad.

Regards,
Replied 03 May 2010 19:07:58
03 May 2010 19:07:58 eddie rosenthal replied:
but but but...
with Active Slideshow Pro creating a swf file, then we agree it will not show up on the newest iPad right? So in order for the people who have just purchased that machine, and probably many other machines to follow, then it makes sense to create something that will work on those machines. What is a suitable strategy for developers to use to allow that market of possible clients, albeit smaller than the micro$oft market...
Replied 04 May 2010 11:26:25
04 May 2010 11:26:25 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Eddie,

That is quite so when it comes to Active SlideShow. But it is intended to provide reach user experience for personal computer and laptop users mostly. And that is not because we like to limit this but because of the policies the manufacturers of the mobile devices you mention are so.

Regards,

Reply to this topic