Smart Image Processor PHP 2 Support Product Page

Solved

Images not resized and not able to insert record

Reported 28 Mar 2013 21:04:33
have this problem
28 Mar 2013 21:04:33 manuel pinto posted:
Not able to have my images resized and insert record not possible. First Upload, then smartimage 1, 2 and 3 and finaly insert record. Only possible if you move the code (insert record) to the end: Here's an example: www.festas-academicas.com/areservada/cartazes_queimas/upqueimas.php
If i insert record at the end dreamweaver alert: "while executing applyserverbehavior in insertrecord.htm, a javascript error occurred" and it don't let me insert record behaviour. So, i have to insert record at the begining and at the end i move de code

Replies

Replied 28 Mar 2013 23:49:38
28 Mar 2013 23:49:38 manuel pinto replied:
Need to solve this issue quick, so i revert to the stage where all works, with fileupload 3.0.0 and Smart Image Processor PHP 2.1.0. This happen with the new updates! With new updates and a form with 3 upload fields where each have to resize an image, things don't work ...
Replied 29 Mar 2013 07:25:43
29 Mar 2013 07:25:43 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Manuel,

Since last update of the Pure PHP Upload the sequence of placing server side behaviours on the page is changed - you need to place the Insert or Update record Behaviours befor placing the Pure Upload and SIP on the page.

So rebuild your page by placing on it first the Insert Behaviour and then Pure Upload and SIP.

Regards.
Replied 29 Mar 2013 10:42:47
29 Mar 2013 10:42:47 manuel pinto replied:
Not working. I think you need to review this, because it seems that too many people having problems
Replied 15 Jul 2013 09:37:35
15 Jul 2013 09:37:35 Chukwunwike Anwuli replied:
The issue of javascript errors seem to be common in this house, pls am commenting based on my personal experience. I bought the Pure php upload 3 on July 8 2013 and had the same issue till on 13th July when it finally worked fine after i implemented the solution send to me by Teodor, one of the Q & A Engineer.
1. Clear dreamweaver cache file (WinFile.....etc) for windows,
2. Use the Insert or update behaviour b4 uploading with d extension. I have no single issue with the pure php upload 3 now.
Anwuli Nwike
webmaster
+2348060419450
Replied 26 Dec 2014 19:55:26
26 Dec 2014 19:55:26 Michael Bosquez replied:
I have tried absolutely everything based upon years old support threads here. I have changed the order of behaviors. I have moves the redirect around. Nothing works. If I remove the Insert bevavior, the resize works just fine. If I put the Insert behavior anywhere on the page, the resizing won't work. I have tried the following orders:

1. PPU3
2. Insert Record
3. Image Processor PHP ($sipp2)
4, Image Processor PHP ($sipp1)

1. Insert Record
2. PPU3
3. Image Processor PHP ($sipp2)
4, Image Processor PHP ($sipp1)

1. PPU3
2. Image Processor PHP ($sipp2)
3, Image Processor PHP ($sipp1)
4. Insert Record

Nothing works. My conclusion is that if there's an Insert Record behavior on the page, then the resizing will not work. If no Insert Record, then resizing works just fine. Seriously!?!?! There are support threads all over this site about this issue. But there's no consistent answer. How do you make this extension work??????? I've spent the last 8 hours trying everything I can think of. Nothing makes this thing work if there's an Insert Record behavior on the page.

Also, this extension causes issues with File Manager and Image Manager in the HTML Editor 3 also. I have to leave resizing off or I get errors all over.

Has anyone found a way to actually make this extension work?

Mike
Replied 27 Dec 2014 18:41:12
27 Dec 2014 18:41:12 Michael Bosquez replied:
Well, the extension doesn't work on a recordset. I can only get it to work when used with Pure PHP Upload 3 and no Insert Record behavior, or when resizing a folder. Further, and consistent with other posts in this forum, it will not resize anything right out of a digital camera. I can resize a folder as long as the original images are small. I uploaded one from my digital camera that is over 5M and I get a fatal memory error.

Not a very useful extension. Debating whether I'll demand a refund. And if I do, and they won't grant it, then I'll dispute it with PayPal. I just bought this extension a few days ago and it does not work as advertised. The posts in this forum say a lot about the issues with the extension and over the past 3 to 4 years DMXZone has done nothing to fix it.

Has anyone out there found a resizing extension from someone else that actually works?

Thanks,
Mike
Replied 29 Dec 2014 15:44:41
29 Dec 2014 15:44:41 Michael Bosquez replied:
All,

I purchased and tested the upload, insert, and resize extension from DWZone-it.com and it works great! It does not have any of the issues reported all over the DMXZone site for their resize extension. The DWZone-it.com extension is available here:

www.dwzone-it.com/Extension/PhpUploadResize/default.asp

Mike

Reply to this topic