3D ImageFlow Gallery Support Product Page

Browse photo tiles by drag rather than click (or on press rather than release)

Shared 07 Apr 2009 22:46:31
likes this idea
07 Apr 2009 22:46:31 William Tremblay posted:
Is it possible to support other mouse interaction modes than clicking? I would like to be able to have the user click and drag on a tile rather than click on it. 90% of the people I have shown the effect to have been confused by the interaction. They want to "grab" an image and drag it to the center display rather than clicking to select it. They try to drag it and nothing happens, so they assume it's broken.

A very acceptable alternative would just be to have the tile selected on mousedown (onPress) - that way the motion would start as soon as they start the click. Can that behavior be added? Or am I missing an existing feature?

I suspect that people have been trained on the iPod/iTunes to think this way.

Thanks!

Replies

Replied 13 Apr 2009 16:37:35
13 Apr 2009 16:37:35 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hi William,

I guess that they are "victims" of iPod/Phone/Tunes etc. but the Idea for workaround is good. However last word is from Developer so I'll add your request to extension's wish list.

Regards,
Replied 14 Apr 2009 23:12:11
14 Apr 2009 23:12:11 William Tremblay replied:
Great, I think this would be a relatively easy addition and it would be big help to the users of the product. We need to offer help to those poor iTunes victims! []
Replied 21 Mar 2011 23:40:28
21 Mar 2011 23:40:28 Mandy O replied:
Yes! Yes! Yes! PLEASE add this to the extension. It would be SO cool! It took me a while to figure out I needed to click on the demo. If anyone has a workaround PLEASE post! I am not a coder.. just a piano teacher trying to display my students albums.

Reply to this topic