Ajax AutoComplete Support Product Page

Answered

Is there a way to make the user have to use one of the autocomplete options?

Asked 22 Nov 2012 15:05:52
have this question
22 Nov 2012 15:05:52 Jeff Kurzner posted:
In other words, I want to restrict my users to input only what is offered?

I'm filling my autocomplete with resutls from a database. I want the users to be able to only enter an item in the database.

Replies

Replied 25 Mar 2013 11:20:05
25 Mar 2013 11:20:05 Vulcho Vulev replied:
Hello Jeff.

When you connect your database with the ajaxautocomplete you are able to select autocomplete for each column of your database. You can select only he column which you want to make available for searching to your clients.

Regards:Vulcho.
Replied 12 Apr 2013 19:04:17
12 Apr 2013 19:04:17 R Dowland replied:
Hi, if I've understood Jeff's question then I think I have the same question and this what was meant was autocomplete will search the database and present the options, but it is possible to continue to enter a value in the input field that is not in the autocomplete list. I think Jeff was asking if there was a way to ensure that only values presented by the autocomplete list can be entered into the input field and NOT any other value - the user HAS to pick one of the autocomplete suggestions.
Replied 15 Apr 2013 08:44:14
15 Apr 2013 08:44:14 Vulcho Vulev replied:
Hello R Dowland.

I understand your question.You need to achieve restriction in order to make the autocomplete to pickup like dropdown menu when typing and not any other value that is contained within the database to be selectable.Unfortunately this is not possible , but i will discuss your idea with our developers team.

Regards:Vulcho.

Reply to this topic