Ajax Event Calendar Support Product Page

Answered

With Google calendar, time zone showing incorrectly

Asked 14 Jul 2013 14:48:38
has this question
14 Jul 2013 14:48:38 melissa webster posted:
I've set up my clients Event Calendar, syncing it with their Google Calendar account. I've trained my client on how to put events into Google Calendar and made sure all the time zone settings in Google Calendar are correct. I've double checked the time zone settings on multiple computers os's that we are using because we are having the same issue no matter where we look at the calendar.

The problem is, once the event is put into Google Calendar, with the correct start and end times manually set, they are showing up in the client's event calendar...but once you click on the event, it opens up a Google page with the event details...and the time zone is showing wrong! Next to the time on that Google page it even says in grey ("GMT (no daylight savings)" You can experience this issue for yourself if you visit the site at http://www.successstrategiesnlp.com/events.html and go to the month September, where the client has added some events.

I've been trying to figure out this issue on my own and have had no success. If someone could offer some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if anyone knows how I can change the background color of the actual event on the calendar, so that it shows either a transparent, or white background instead of red....that would be awesome too!

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me!

Replies

Replied 15 Jul 2013 06:14:33
15 Jul 2013 06:14:33 Miroslav Zografski replied:
Hello Melissa,

The time zone issue you are experiencing in due to the fact that when you are not logged in a Google account they do not convert the time to your time zone. If you login in Google your time zone will be taken in account and it will not show the time in GMT but in your time zone.

The background colour of an event can be changed in the Calendar UI. In Dreamweaver select your calendar and in its property inspector click on Edit Calendar. That will open the Set-up dialogue of the extension. Then go to Events Data tab and in Event types section change the appearance of the type you have assigned the Google calendar feed to.

Regards.

Reply to this topic