Editor is not displaying properly on site

Asked 07 Aug 2011 16:59:03
have this question
07 Aug 2011 16:59:03 Chuck Borrelli posted:
I am using Dreamweaver CS5, on OS X snow leopard

All extensions are the latest version
HTML Editor 3.1.0
In Line Page Edit 1.1.0

I am having two problems with the inline page editor on this site (although I have used it on other sites with minimal issues)

www.perchpub.com/eventcal.php

No matter what I do the background color of the editor is not correct. It always uses the the backround color of the page body, no matter what I do.

BTW, in order to get this to work at all, I had to move all code instered by dreamweaver into the Body of the document, just before the section (div) being edited.

Secondly, the editor will not size properly. This can also be tested here:

www.perchpub.com/testedit.php

I specified a width and height, but it ignores it

Not sure if you have a back door way of logging in, but I can provide you with access.

Replies

Replied 13 Aug 2011 02:27:19
13 Aug 2011 02:27:19 John Dulley replied:
Chuck,

I have the same problem - I would have expected that DMX would have responded to you by now.

I think I have tracked the problem down to a changed version of styles/dmxeditor/designtime.css in the latest updates where the body tag css has been changed. I suggest you identify the file in the sites that are working ok, download it and use it in the new site.

If you have problems I will send you a site enquiry form page so you can send me your email and I can send you the designtime.css file that works ok.

DMX - pls tell us when this will be fixed in the latest version of the extension. It seem to affect all sites that have a background colour in the body tag.
Replied 22 Aug 2011 09:32:29
22 Aug 2011 09:32:29 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Chuck and John,

We've sent this issue /the background color/ to our developers and we are currently waiting for a fix. You will be notified as soon as there is an update available.

Until then, please open the designtime.css file located into:
/Styles/dmxEditor/designtime.css, find

body {
background-color:..

And add !important to it.
Replied 08 May 2012 04:05:38
08 May 2012 04:05:38 Eugene Nichols replied:
I am having the same problem and !important isn't working. No matter what I do the background color for the editor is the same as the background color set in body in my main stylesheet.HELP!
Replied 28 Dec 2015 04:09:44
28 Dec 2015 04:09:44 Chuck Borrelli replied:
Please review, because this is not fixed, and needs to be addressed. ANY TIME that I have to make a manual change to get the background color corrected each and every time I make any changes using the UI, it is NOT fixed.

This is even worse when used with your bootstrap control. The bootstrap puts an important White background, and if I want a colored background, I have to put Important on that, which negates the important on the design time .css for the the editor.

This is messy. I will be researching this issue further and contact you tomorrow...

Reply to this topic