Online Page Editor Add-on Support Product Page

Cannot get the editor to work

Reported 05 Jul 2018 11:08:44
has this problem
05 Jul 2018 11:08:44 Doug Pealing posted:
summer.ftscomputing.co.uk/capability.asp Activation keys: CTRL+F2

The login prompt appears but when the user / password are filled it I get a not found response in red and the editor will not load.

This also happens on the Gadgets store showcase page. www.dmxzone.com/demo/php/ahe3demos/GadgetsStore/index.html
I have tried to include a screenshot of this but this editor just gives me a and no way to upload an image.

I know this extension is pretty old but I have used it successfully in the past and have a requirement for it again.

Any help would be appreciated.
Doug

Replies

Replied 22 Aug 2018 15:47:26
22 Aug 2018 15:47:26 Doug Pealing replied:
Does anyone even look at these?
Please can I have a response even just to say that you've seen it.
Doug
Replied 23 Aug 2018 06:43:41
23 Aug 2018 06:43:41 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Doug,
On the link your provided, there are two issues. First you have two jquery includes - one before the head tag and another one inside the head tags:

This is not fine, the jquery library must be included only once per page.

Another issue - the page eidtor js must also be inside head tags, after the jquiery include ...
Please fix these and you page will be working fine.
Replied 23 Aug 2018 09:05:27
23 Aug 2018 09:05:27 Doug Pealing replied:
Hi Teodor,

Thanks for the reply. Since this site is now live, but without the Online Page Editor, I have renamed the version which included the editor to summer.ftscomputing.co.uk/test.asp

Thanks for the corrections to the code - I think they must have crept in whilst I was trying to get this to work. I have made the corrections as you described but still come up with the same result.

Could you have another look at it for me.
Thanks
Doug
Replied 23 Aug 2018 12:20:24
23 Aug 2018 12:20:24 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Now the require.js file is missing from your page. It should be located before the jquery include.
Replied 24 Aug 2018 15:29:22
24 Aug 2018 15:29:22 Doug Pealing replied:
Hi Teodor
Again thanks for the reply.
Every time I open this page (which is based on a dreamweaver template) the code gets scrambled. The jquery include is added again and various other changes occur. That is why these coding errors are happening.

I have detached it from the template and just edited the code in a text editor.
I have re-applied the require.js but still cant get it working.

URL: summer.ftscomputing.co.uk/test.asp
Activation keys: CTRL+F2
User: demo
Password: demo

Any help would be appreciated.
Doug
Replied 27 Aug 2018 06:24:41
27 Aug 2018 06:24:41 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hi Doug,
I think this could be caused by the jquery version included on the page. As you mentioned, these extensions are pretty old, and i am not sure how well they work with v 3+ of jquery. Maybe you can try including the version located in the scriptlibrary folder to see if this fixes your issue.
Replied 29 Aug 2018 09:56:20
29 Aug 2018 09:56:20 Doug Pealing replied:
Hi Teodor,
I have tried that too ans still get the same result. Thank you for your help and advice with this issue but it is clearly not working. As I mentioned in my first posting on this thread it is not working on your Gadget Store demo page either.

I have now given up on this extension and am going to do what I need to do in another way.
Again thanks very much for the time you have taken looking at this for me and for your suggestions for a fix.
Best regards
Doug
Replied 29 Aug 2018 15:01:00
29 Aug 2018 15:01:00 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Now it is working fine, but a file on your server is missing:
summer.ftscomputing.co.uk/ScriptLibrary/dmxPageEditor.aspx

Reply to this topic