DMXzone Google Maps Support Product Page

Under consideration

Incomplete addresses

Shared 11 Jul 2012 06:46:01
like this idea
11 Jul 2012 06:46:01 nacho vidau posted:
I am using the Ajax Autocomplete and google maps to save addresses to my DB. So I have all the fields in my form from the Ajax Autocomplete to get the address saved, but there are a couple of fields missing for addresses in Mexico.

the fields I have are:

Street
Street Number
Postal Code
City
State/Province
Country

But in Mexico's addresses, we often include the name of the neighborhood and the municipality, and the Ajax Autocomplete brings this information after a search.

For example this is the result I get when looking for an address in Roma Norte, Mexico:

Veracruz 102, Roma Norte, Cuauhtémoc, 06700 Ciudad de México, DF, México

Where:

Street: Veracruz
Street Number: 102
Postal Code: 06700
City: Ciudad de México
State/Province: DF

And is missing:

neighborhood ("colonia" in spanish): Roma Norte
municipality: Cuauhtémoc

I would really like to have access to this fields since they are important in Mexico's addresses, also It would be nice to have a full address field "gFullAddressField" in order to save all the information thrown by the Autocomplete in just one data base field, this way you could have the fields you need and a fall back option with the complete address as google understands it.

Replies

Replied 11 Jul 2012 06:49:02
11 Jul 2012 06:49:02 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Nacho,

I am going to discuss the possible integration of these fields with our developers.

The current fields/options are a standard address fields that are being used worldwide and that's why they appear like this.

Reply to this topic