DMXzone Accordion Support Product Page

Not a problem

Terrible problem with update to version 1.1.0

Reported 13 Mar 2013 15:55:26
has this problem
13 Mar 2013 15:55:26 Greta Garberini posted:

Unbelieveable but true: the automatic upload service of this extension kills any changes one might have done with the css.
For example: I modified black-tie.css so that it fits with clours, links etc. Without warning this will be overwritten, both on the development server as well as on the live system! This means work of several hours were canned. Has anyone of your developers tried a real-live situation or have I overlooked a terribly important step?

Replies

Replied 13 Mar 2013 16:48:36
13 Mar 2013 16:48:36 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Reinhard,

Any modifications made in the extensions files are being overwritten on update.
That's why we recommend to use a separate css file for any custom styling.
This reply was removed on 3/13/2013 4:54:00 PM.
See the changelog
Replied 13 Mar 2013 16:59:01
13 Mar 2013 16:59:01 Greta Garberini replied:
It is easy to write, it is *NOT A PROBLEM*, because to me, the client, it is.

There should be a warning or a hint that a whole folder is overwritten, instantly. The moment you open the page, both folders on the testing server as well as on the remote (production-server) are overwritten. To me, this is a bad flaw. In software development you always get a warning before a file is overwritten.

And it affects all other pages which use this style-sheet as well!

True that the layouts are nice, true that using a different name would have saved it. It is always afterwards that one knows. Still a simple warning - message would have saved me a lot of time and effort. Maybe you consider it in a next update.
Replied 13 Mar 2013 18:35:41
13 Mar 2013 18:35:41 Greta Garberini replied:
edit:
to use a css backup from the former version is not working as supposed, because the new (here: black-tie)css uses a different structure.
True, it looks better than the old version. But simply using th old css does not do the trick:
For example if I just replace the css with my backup, the colours look correct but the little arrow on the left side suddenly jumps into the text. No idea where I should look for it.
So, one has to edit the new css by hand by searching each single element and look if it has been replaced in the new version or not.
You have been warned.

Reply to this topic