DMXzone Accordion Support Product Page

Solved

ERROR INCOMPLETE INSTALLATION! - All extensions

Reported 24 Jan 2014 03:18:21
have this problem
24 Jan 2014 03:18:21 Steven Irwin posted:
Hi
I have Dreamweaver CC on Win 8.1
I have had many crashes with DW CC and extensions so I uninstalled DW and reinstalled. Prior to this I had issues with SIP and PUP3 in that the came up with an error when installing saying that the xml file to complete installation could not be found. Now 90% of the extensions (only DMXZone) say the same thing. I looked inside the Accordion extension and found the install JS file. I can see the error occurs when this function "getConfigurationPath()" returns - looks like it is getting the program path instead of the extension path (users/appdata/etc.)
Can you please advise where the Configuration path is set and what I should change it to?
There is another support request along the same lines in the forums that has remained unanswered.
Regards
Steve

PS The message says:
Cannot find the complimentary installation file: file:///C|/Program Files(x86)/Adobe Dreamweaver CC/Configuration/temp/dmxAccordion10/dmxAccordion10_install.xml

Official Solution

Replied 05 Mar 2014 15:16:11
Hi All,

We finally were able to find out what was causing the problem and corrupting our extension installers!

It turns out that the new WebAssist extensions have a bad code in them that empties the Dreamweaver temp folder on each page open so actually trashing our extension installers...

How to solve the problem:

1. Remove all WebAssist extensions
2. Go to:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Commands

for Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/Configuration/Commands

(if you have CS6 or other DW version replace the CC in the above paths with it)

Make sure that those two files are not in there:
installer_onOpen.htm
installer2_onOpen.htm

If they still exists then delete them.

After that you will be able to install the extensions from DMXzone as you are used to.

We will contact WebAssist and let them know about the issue, so hopefully they will soon fix their extensions to be less destructive ... but for the time being follow the procedure above.

Greetings,
George Petrov
DMXzone.com

Replies

Replied 24 Jan 2014 05:10:28
24 Jan 2014 05:10:28 Steven Irwin replied:
Ok, I disabled all the extensions in extension manager except for DMXZone Updater and Deprecated Panels. I then started Dreamweaver and enabled extensions in EM one at a time and checked they popped up in DMXZone Updater (restarted). I then restarted DW and the extensions installed.
Not sure why this worked. I read somewhere about installing Deprecated Panels first so tried this and it works.
I don't think I will be the only one to have this problem with CC - so unstable!
Hope this helps someone else (optimistic that I won't be back updating later)
Replied 24 Jan 2014 10:15:50
24 Jan 2014 10:15:50 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello,

All of this seems to be happening due to a corrputed DW installation/configuration.
What is the extension that you call "Deprecated Panels"?
Replied 24 Jan 2014 12:08:30
24 Jan 2014 12:08:30 Steven Irwin replied:
Deprecated Server Behaviours, Bindings, Databases & Components for Dreamweaver CS7 (CC) and above supplied by Adobe. As you know these were removed in CC and to use many of your extensions they are required - except where the HTML5 bindings are usable.

CC seems to become unstable fairly quickly to the point where constant javascript errors are thrown from extensions and syncing with the servers causes a crash. A reinstall of CC and a reinstall of only the extensions required has worked until recently. Earlier this week I had the problem but only with Pure Upload 3 and Smart Image Processor 2. After the last reinstall 90% of extensions were failing to install.

I found a suggestion by Adobe to install Deprecated Panel Support first which seemed to help.

You will find that there is another support request for Pure Upload 3 in the forums.

Please note that I have tried all the suggestions to restore CC - deleted the cache, deleted the configuration folder, reinstalled DW CC, edited the registry and every time after several hours restoring the needed extensions and setting up it will start crashing again usually within the hour.

I suspect the problem is CC. What this means is that more people will start having these problems as they move across and if you read the Adobe forums there are many unhappy users.

It may be a combo of DW CC and Win 8.1 64 bit pro. I don't know.

If there is anything I can provide you in the way of debug information - crash dumps etc please let me know.

Replied 30 Jan 2014 18:35:08
30 Jan 2014 18:35:08 Peter Olschewski replied:
its neither i have CS6 as well as CC and windows 7 with the same issues
Replied 31 Jan 2014 08:59:12
31 Jan 2014 08:59:12 George Petrov replied:
Hi All,

We are working hard to isolate the issue, but currently without success. As there are different CC versions now and different OS factors of influence, we need your help.

To help us please specify the following:

1. What is your exact DW version (Help/About), the latest is DW CC 13.2 build 6466

2. What is your exact Extension Manager CC version (in EM Help/About) , the latest is EM 7.1.1.32

3. What is your exact OS version and 64/32 bits.

4. Do you have localized Dreamweaver version?

5. What is your exact location of your Dremweaver User Configuration Path? This should be something like:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration

6. After fresh extension installation in EM , before starting DW, do you find the missing xml file at this location? For example:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\temp\SMailerPHP10\SMailerPHP10_install.xml

7. Do you see other files in this temp folder?

So please answer the above questions as detailed as possible, so we can solve this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your help and understanding.

Greetings,
George
Replied 31 Jan 2014 10:17:33
31 Jan 2014 10:17:33 Steven Irwin replied:
Hi George,
As I posted earlier, I had resolved this with most extensions by removing them all and then installing one at a time. Here are my answers:

1. What is your exact DW version (Help/About), the latest is DW CC 13.2 build 6466

A. DW CC 13.2 build 6466

2. What is your exact Extension Manager CC version (in EM Help/About) , the latest is EM 7.1.1.32
A. 7.1.1.32

3. What is your exact OS version and 64/32 bits.
A. Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bits

4. Do you have localized Dreamweaver version?
A. No, only the CC version.

5. What is your exact location of your Dremweaver User Configuration Path? This should be something like:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration

A. The same as above but with my system user name

6. After fresh extension installation in EM , before starting DW, do you find the missing xml file at this location? For example:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\temp\SMailerPHP10\SMailerPHP10_install.xml

A. Yes - this was PurePHPUpload30

7. Do you see other files in this temp folder?
A. There are 5 additional folders - DataSources, Objects, PHP_Sources, Serverbehaviours, Shared

And success - this is the first time this one has loaded so obviously my system is behaving now. I will try others and let you know. One thing is that I only install extensions as I need them so maybe this helps. CC still crashes fairly often - sliding windows is one that seems to crash the system and I suspect it is some code on the page. Could just be CC.

Thanks for looking into this. Sorry this didn't really help.
Replied 31 Jan 2014 13:17:16
31 Jan 2014 13:17:16 George Petrov replied:
Seems indeed that this happens when somehow your Dreamweaver installation gets corrupted.

A fresh Dreamweaver install and then fresh extension installation is advised and will solve the problem.

Greetings,
George
Replied 01 Feb 2014 01:59:17
01 Feb 2014 01:59:17 Peter Olschewski replied:
This is NOT solving the problem. I tried a complete fresh install of both Dreamweaver CC as well as CS6. Its not working. Deleted cache files, than config files and than complete re-install and the same thing will happen.

Also what kind of a solution is, i only install the ones i need.

Replied 01 Feb 2014 07:42:05
01 Feb 2014 07:42:05 Steven Irwin replied:
Scott,

Why don't you provide information as requested by George?
They need this information to help solve the problem so please try to help.

In answer to your question - I am a subscriber to DMXZone so theoretically could install every single extension (I have done this in the past). I also have extensions from other vendors. I have found that if I only install and enable the extensions I am using on a particular project it seems to be more reliable. If install everything I have more crashes. It is just advice from my experience - you can take it or leave it.

Cheers

Steve
Replied 01 Feb 2014 14:11:21
01 Feb 2014 14:11:21 Peter Olschewski replied:
Steve

I did in a different thread. And do us a favor. In order to see if this is really fixed could you install a couple more to see if it happens again. I can install a few myself . Sometimes one or 2 more than the time before, sometimes a little less. Thanks for helping out

Thanks
Replied 05 Mar 2014 15:16:11
05 Mar 2014 15:16:11 George Petrov replied:
Hi All,

We finally were able to find out what was causing the problem and corrupting our extension installers!

It turns out that the new WebAssist extensions have a bad code in them that empties the Dreamweaver temp folder on each page open so actually trashing our extension installers...

How to solve the problem:

1. Remove all WebAssist extensions
2. Go to:

for Windows:
C:\Users\<YourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CC\en_US\Configuration\Commands

for Mac:
/Users/<YourUserName>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Dreamweaver CC/en_US/Configuration/Commands

(if you have CS6 or other DW version replace the CC in the above paths with it)

Make sure that those two files are not in there:
installer_onOpen.htm
installer2_onOpen.htm

If they still exists then delete them.

After that you will be able to install the extensions from DMXzone as you are used to.

We will contact WebAssist and let them know about the issue, so hopefully they will soon fix their extensions to be less destructive ... but for the time being follow the procedure above.

Greetings,
George Petrov
DMXzone.com

Reply to this topic