DMXzone Database Connector PHP Support Product Page

In progress

Wrong file generated by your script!

Reported 04 Nov 2014 18:02:38
has this problem
04 Nov 2014 18:02:38 Rokon UL Haque posted:
I am a very new user and on my first testing I become frustrated as because of your script generate a wrong file and for this reason my first testing to insert the data on a DB table didn't work after several try, and lastly from the online support they gave me file and after that it worked.

Very fast I want to say that your scripts is not user friendly compare with my old interAkt scripts, integration your script to a page is quite complex to my understanding. Meanwhile on my very first test I found that it does not work and the reason of not working was a wrong file generation by your script.

It has been figured out lately that by your script a file should be generate under the folder /ScriptLibrary/dmxDatabaseConnector/sqlBuilderEx.php but actually the file which was generated that called sqlBuilder.php and with this file I have tried more then 10-12 hour to insert a data to the table but it didn't work.

Lastly today (4/11/14) discussed with you online support explaining the problem they gave me a file which name is sqlBuilderEx.php for replacement and after putting that file to the server the script works.

This was a painful experience for me while I am now worry whether other of scripts will cause such kind of problem or not as I purchased 20 of your scripts.

Replies

Replied 05 Nov 2014 09:32:52
05 Nov 2014 09:32:52 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Rokon,
Indeed there is a difference between the standard DW server behaviors and the DMXzone Database Tools and there is a slight learning curve, but following the video tutorials you will learn how to use them.

If the file you mention is missing from the folder, next time that you open your page in Dreamweaver it automatically creates it and puts it there, so this is not a huge problem.
This will be improved in the upcoming update of the extension.

Reply to this topic