HTML5 File Upload Support Product Page

Answered

Image Resizing on HTML5 Upload

Asked 24 Oct 2015 16:52:35
have this question
24 Oct 2015 16:52:35 Baub Eis posted:
Any idea when we will be able to resize images on upload? Straight uploading doesn't help me much. I'm still struggling with the deprecated server behaviors to use smart image processor. And won't be able to switch until this is updated. I am looking for a very real time frame here? I just need to know if its going to be 2 weeks or 6 months. It doesn't have to be specific, but a general answer would help. Thanks guys!

Promoted Answers

Replied 26 Apr 2016 11:26:44
So October 2015 it was "in the upcoming weeks". Now 27 weeks later and still in the upcoming weeks? Try to prioritize to your clients needs, as we have to as well

Replies

Replied 13 May 2016 14:48:55
13 May 2016 14:48:55 Brad Lawryk replied:
Excellent! That's great news.
Replied 25 May 2016 15:10:58
25 May 2016 15:10:58 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello again,
The DMXzone Image Processor has been released! Learn more at: www.dmxzone.com/go/32473/meet-dmxzone-image-processor
Replied 26 May 2016 00:20:56
26 May 2016 00:20:56 Web Master replied:
At $103 I think I'll pass found another solution months ago for multiple uploading and image resizing and all the other features too.You snooze you lose so they say.
Replied 26 May 2016 00:22:16
26 May 2016 00:22:16 Web Master replied:
At $103 I think I'll pass found another solution months ago for multiple uploading and image resizing and all the other features too.You snooze you lose so they say.
Replied 26 May 2016 06:20:56
26 May 2016 06:20:56 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Web Master,
it's great that you've found a solution for you!
However, we value our developers' hard work and months spent in developing this powerful extension, so the price is as low as possible. Also we have different subscription options, which give you access to 120+ extensions (worth $5000) for periods of month, half a year or year, at really low prices so you can only subscribe when you need the extensions, without the need to purchase them.
Replied 26 May 2016 12:31:58
26 May 2016 12:31:58 Web Master replied:
We are beginning to shy away from your extensions and the reason is often times extension will only do partly what is required in real world situations, and will require an upgrade or added feature integration at additional cost each time. Partly that is our fault because we made assumptions on what an extension should do and not what you are allowing it to do.

Clearly the marketing strategy for your company is to draw customers in with a minimal feature set then get them to upgrade to buy additional functions or features.

Understand that is a business decision but since most of your extension are based on jquery free products it leaves a bad taste in our mouth.

Fixes to issues with extensions take too long and force us to go elsewhere each time - we start down a path with your stuff only too find after much wasted time the product actually does not fulfill the requirements entirely and forces us to restart after finding a product that will. Frustrating to say the least.
Replied 26 May 2016 12:54:34
26 May 2016 12:54:34 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Sorry to hear you are not happy with our products, but the products we offer actually do what they are advertised to do. If you, in some specific situation need some additional functionality that the product doesn't offer, this isn't "require an upgrade or added feature integration at additional cost each time" - just like the HTML5 File Upload - It is designed to upload files to your server, rename them if needed and save them. It does not include image processing tool in it, as it would make it's price double and some people do not need the image processing functionality...

Currently we offer a really powerful framework with all of the required components, for building a real-world dynamic driven websites with CMS for managing the content (there are many many complex systems built with it and we already featured them on our blog a few months ago). It's base is free - the Server Connect. So people can purchase only the components they need. And yes, this is a business decision, as we prefer not to pack everything in a single product, which cost will be $1500 for example, as not everyone needs every single functionality packed in it. People prefer to pay less, and get only what they need.

Some of our extensions are based on jquery plugins, but we extend their functionality, we create a nice GUI for them, so users save time using them and they double their productivity, instead of digging through plugins documentation and complicated code.

Replied 26 May 2016 15:26:03
26 May 2016 15:26:03 Brad Lawryk replied:
Web Master,

QuoteAt $103 I think I'll pass found another solution months ago for multiple uploading and image resizing and all the other features too

I'd be very curious as to what extension that is? Yes, using DMX can be aggravating at times, but at the end of the day they simply are the best ones on the market. This new Image Processor is very good and worth the cost if you don't have a subscription.

Reply to this topic