HTML5 File Upload Support Product Page

In progress

Multiple Problems in DW 2017 creating a test upload

Reported 16 Dec 2016 21:51:15
has this problem
16 Dec 2016 21:51:15 Wade Caldwell posted:
Multiple problems using this extension with DW 2017:
1) Server Connect panel will not work correctly (can't select form file) unless it is floating. If pinned, SC panel closes as soon as you select file in file selection popup window. I saw a note that an update a year ago was supposed to fix this issue, but it is still there. SC panel location shouldn't matter.
2) After I got that resolved, worked on toward getting the file upload set up following the video. Got to where I needed to select the Upload Field in Steps. When I clicked on the (lightning bolt) next to the field, the Server Data Bindings window opens with the Globals expanded and there are no fields listed on Now, Now UTC and Timestamp.
I just purchased this extension and this does not bode well.

Replies

Replied 17 Dec 2016 01:43:40
17 Dec 2016 01:43:40 Wade Caldwell replied:
Was able to poke around through trial and error and enter items manually into the fields based on the instructional video and got a 500 error. Went into the executor file and adjusted items until i got the upload to work. The issue was that I had to enter the field value manually and the "." between $_POST and the field name within the {{ }} was missing. Documentation needs to be updated for current version of DW and the bugs fixed. I can get everything to work except showing some type of status message after a successful upload. I'll keep working.
Replied 19 Dec 2016 08:36:03
19 Dec 2016 08:36:03 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Wade,
Please make sure your SC panel is docked to one of the sides of DW window then you will be able to properly operate within it. We will improve the issues caused when the panel is floating in the upcoming updates.
From your explanation it appears to me that you did not first import the form with the file upload field, and that is why it did not appear in the POST vars.

The documentation is up to date, so please make sure you are following the tutorials step by step.
Replied 19 Dec 2016 17:38:56
19 Dec 2016 17:38:56 Wade Caldwell replied:
The issue I was having was the reverse of what the documentation stated - if I had the panel docked, it would not work. The only way it would work for me was when it was floating.

Reply to this topic