DMXzone Server Data Formatter Support Product Page

Under investigation

Passing a repeat binding to another repeating element

Reported 12 Oct 2017 02:08:59
has this problem
12 Oct 2017 02:08:59 Lee Woolsey posted:
I am trying to display a repeating element within a repeat that is a groupBy collection. When I use the following code, I get the expected results for the matching record (in this case 320)

<tbody data-binding-repeat-children="{{profileEntriesX.data.allProfile}}" data-binding-id="tableRepeat">
                    <tr>
                      <td>{{$value[0].qocID}}</td>
                      <td>{{$value[0].name_f}} {{$value[0].name_l}}</td>
                      <td>{{$value[0].dob.dateDiff( "years", "" )}}</td>
                      <td>{{$value[0].gender}}</td>
                      <td>{{$value[0].rank}}</td>
                      <td>{{$value[0].dojoName}}</td>
                      <td>
			 <table border="0" cellpadding="0">
			 <tbody>
				<tr>
                                   <td data-binding-repeat="{{myEventsX.data.myEvents.where( &quot;qocID&quot;, &quot;==&quot;, &quot;320&quot; )}}" data-binding-id="repeat1">{{eventID}}&nbsp;</td>
				</tr>
			 </tbody>
			</table>
                      </td>
                    </tr>
                  </tbody>

When I try substituting an referential element from the parent repeat ( in this case: {{$value[0].qocID}} ) I get zero results. Is it possible to do this, if so, what is the correct format of the "where" clause? (I've tried for several DAYS to do this within a nested action file with no luck whatsoever! ) This attempt uses a second query that returns all records, then I am trying to use a "where" clause to filter the appropriate matching data.

Replies

Replied 16 Oct 2017 07:40:15
16 Oct 2017 07:40:15 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Lee,
What exactly are you trying to achieve? I cannot really get your idea reading your post.
Replied 16 Oct 2017 15:19:01
16 Oct 2017 15:19:01 Lee Woolsey replied:
I am trying to generate a categorized list of users that have registered for events, the initial repeat queries for users that have event entries for the current tournament, then uses the groupBy() filter to display a list of users (profile), that have entered at least one event in the current tournament. This works well and displays the way I wish it to. My problem is that I then want to have a repeat (in the groupBy filtered table) that lists all events (a single digit code) entered by that user. What I need is to basically recreate my initial query, but not limit it with the groupBy filter, and have repeating records displayed on the same line.

I nested a second query in the repeating element and have been able to get the proper results when I hard-code a value into the nested repeat (with the where clause), but I cannot get results when I try to use a variable (qocID) from the parent repeat. How can I pass that variable (qocID) to my nested query?
Replied 17 Oct 2017 07:32:47
17 Oct 2017 07:32:47 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello Lee,
Try using your qocID binding without quotes and {{ }} around it.
Replied 17 Oct 2017 18:53:18
17 Oct 2017 18:53:18 Lee Woolsey replied:
That did not work. I tried with every variation I could think of: $value[0].qocID, qocID, allProfileX.data.allProfile[0].qocID, allProfileX.data.allProfile.$value[0].qocID, with and without braces. When I explicitly enter a value (i.e. 320, 124, etc) it works as intended. Any other ideas?
Replied 17 Oct 2017 19:44:43
17 Oct 2017 19:44:43 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
I need a link to your page, where i can check what is going on.
Replied 17 Oct 2017 20:28:30
17 Oct 2017 20:28:30 Lee Woolsey replied:
It's on an active server on a secured page. Where can I send you credentials to access it (or send the pages themselves?)
Replied 18 Oct 2017 07:08:14
18 Oct 2017 07:08:14 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Just send the link and credentials to my mail:

Reply to this topic