DMXzone App Connect Support Product Page

In progress

Filter query by URL parameter not working with IIS URL Rewrite

Reported 23 Apr 2017 18:02:17
have this problem
23 Apr 2017 18:02:17 Ken Pollard posted:
I am using Server Connect and App connect to filter a page using a url parameter. It works fine using "/index.asp?id=1", but will not work when I turn on my IIS rewrite rule "/id/1/" .

I stripped the page to nothing but a single div with one binding. I set up a session var reading the parameter and it is getting set so the value is there. I also created a page using the old dreamweaver "connector" and it works fine with that.

Been fighting this for a several days and am out of ideas. Any ideas of what I can try, or can you point me in the right direction.

Replies

Replied 23 Apr 2017 18:22:10
23 Apr 2017 18:22:10 George Petrov replied:
Hi Ken,

on the server side with Server Connect you shouldn't have any troubles accessing the query parameter, as long as it is defined under the $_GET in your server action.

Client side however with App Connect is a different story - there we currently support only regular query strings with the Query parameters no rewrites yet.

We are working however on a full blown Routing module for App Connect that will fully support all kind of url routing both client and server side.

Greetings,
George
Replied 23 Apr 2017 22:45:43
23 Apr 2017 22:45:43 Ken Pollard replied:
Thanks for the quick response George, I'll continue with Server Side until you release the new Routing Module. Thanks for all you do, you have made my life so much easier
Replied 05 May 2021 12:15:08
05 May 2021 12:15:08 Charles Knight replied:
Was this routing module ever added to App Connect, I have tried to implement URL rewrite on my php pages and the App Connect fails?
Replied 11 May 2021 06:12:02
11 May 2021 06:12:02 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
No, routing has not been added to our Dreamweaver extensions.
Routing panel with url rewrite options and building SPA pages is available in Wappler: docs.wappler.io/t/about-the-routing-and-url-rewrite-category/6578

Reply to this topic