DMXzone App Connect Support Product Page

Answered

How do you get App Structure items to appear in the App Connect window?

Asked 10 Oct 2019 12:48:42
has this question
10 Oct 2019 12:48:42 Bruce Wilkie posted:
Hi There.

I'm not seeing any app structure in the App Connect window for the contents of the page I'm working on.

Example of what I expect to see in screenshot of one of the videos (in this case for Responsive Video Player, but this applies to anything I'm doing with App Connect):

prntscr.com/phfm67

For me, for any page in any website that I'm working on, I see almost nothing in this box. For example, a page I'm working on today full of content and it just shows a single button:

prntscr.com/phfpbq

I see somebody else had this question and it was because he was using DW version pre CC 2015 (www.dmxzone.com/support/32763/topic/64638).

I'm using CC 2017 so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any idea what's happening? I'm not able to follow some of the video guides because they use the App Structure window in order to select and insert items such as the Responsive Video Player into the web page.

Hope you can help.

Bruce

Replies

Replied 14 Oct 2019 08:34:41
14 Oct 2019 08:34:41 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
Hello, is Bootstrap 4 Framework included on your page?
Replied 15 Oct 2019 08:12:44
15 Oct 2019 08:12:44 Bruce Wilkie replied:
Hi Teodor

No it isn't. Bootstrap 3 is included in some of them.
Replied 15 Oct 2019 08:55:49
15 Oct 2019 08:55:49 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
So what structure do you expect to see there?
App Connect only shows the App Connect Components and Bootstrap 4 based page structure. App connect does NOT show the DOM with all the common HTML Elements.
Replied 15 Oct 2019 11:52:18
15 Oct 2019 11:52:18 Bruce Wilkie replied:
Sorry, I just kept seeing it in videos. Nothing in the video guides I watched, or the product description page for App Connect, mentioned this feature was only for Bootstrap 4 so couldn't understand why I wasn't seeing it.

But no matter. If that's how it is then no worries.

But as a follow up question, if I'm not using Bootstrap 4 and, for example, the video guide for Responsive Video Player says I should use this structure window to insert the video into the page, is there an alternative method of inserting videos, since without Bottstrap 4, there's no structure showing in this window?

Happy to post as a separate question in the Responsive Video extension support page if you would prefer. Just let me know.
Replied 15 Oct 2019 12:00:29
15 Oct 2019 12:00:29 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
You can select APP and add it there. Then just move it where you need to be in the code.
Replied 15 Oct 2019 12:18:53
15 Oct 2019 12:18:53 Bruce Wilkie replied:
Ah I see. So doing that way I can add it at the top of the page, just below the <body> tag, but how do I insert it into a specific part of the page?

The Video Player extension video tutorial shows selecting an item in the app structure window just above where you want the video player to be inserted, and using 'add below' > 'video player' to insert it into the desired location. Is there an alternative way of doing this since I can't do it this way without Bootstrap 4?

I've looked for 'Video Player' in the 'Insert' drop-down menu at the top of dreamweaver but couldn't see it there. Not in the 'DMX Zone' tab in the Favourites menu either (though HTML5 MP3 Player, Advanced HTML Editor 3 and HTML5 Parrallax Slider 2 are in there)

So was just wandering if it's somewhere else in the Dreamweaver menus, allowing me to insert Video player into the location needed rather than at the top of the page just inside the <body> tag?
Replied 15 Oct 2019 12:40:42
15 Oct 2019 12:40:42 Teodor Kuduschiev replied:
No, that's not possible as App Connect does not "recognize" structures not based on Bootstrap 4.
You can not add this using the insert menu/panel, that's an app connect component it's supposed to be added in app connect panel.

QuoteAh I see. So doing that way I can add it at the top of the page, just below the <body> tag, but how do I insert it into a specific part of the page?

Well just open code view and cut>paste it where you need it.
Replied 15 Oct 2019 14:19:21
15 Oct 2019 14:19:21 Bruce Wilkie replied:
OK, now worries. So long a I know I'm not missing another way of doing this.

Thanks Teodor

Bruce

Reply to this topic