Pure ASP Upload 2 Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

mozilla browser issues...

Reported 21 Jul 2005 23:15:24
has this problem
21 Jul 2005 23:15:24 Curtis Mulder posted:
Greetings! I have always loved this extension. I use it extensively in many content management contexts. However, when uploading images using a mozilla browser - it fails to upload the width and height dimension into the database. Is their a fix? Thanks.

Replies

Replied 25 Sep 2005 21:25:01
25 Sep 2005 21:25:01 Carl Grint replied:
I have the same problems, the Restrict on Image size and Width and Height and not working in Firefox, but IE is no problem.

Luckily clients using IE, but unfortunatly I don't, so I only just realised it was not me...just Firefox not processing these extras, which I was trying to implement.

Web Development Consultant
providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranets/Extranets and a wide range of Web applications.
Details can be viewed at www.cgw3.co.uk
Replied 04 Oct 2005 00:16:52
04 Oct 2005 00:16:52 Tim Vazquez replied:
This is because of a security restriction in firefox.. Look in your Java console and you will see the error "content at (your site) may not load or link to file (file on your computer.)

A work around is to type about:config in the address bar and this will bring up firefox's config settings... type "security.check" in the filter.. change "security.checkloaduri" to false, and you problem will be fixed..

WARNING! Changing this restriction to false gives ANY website access to the file:// protocol in firefox, use at your own risk!!

-Tim
www.concussion.cc
www.devolve.cc

Edited by - Fallen365 on 04 Oct 2005 00:17:41
Replied 04 Oct 2005 00:27:48
04 Oct 2005 00:27:48 George Petrov replied:
yes this is unfortunately a new security limitation to the new mozilla browsers. They will deny all access to local files and this is unfortunately how we check the image size before upload.

So this method will not work on latest mozilla browsers.

George

--------------------------------------------------
George Petrov - Founder of the Dynamic Zones
DMXzone.com, FWzone.net, FLzone.net, CFzone.net,
DNzone.com, FlashFiles.nl
--------------------------------------------------

Reply to this topic