Pure ASP Upload 2 Support Product Page

This topic is locked
This topic was archived

Pop up error when renaming files with extension

Reported 26 Feb 2007 13:44:01
has this problem
26 Feb 2007 13:44:01 Carl Grint posted:
When Pure ASP Upload 2.0 is installed if I try and rename a file within dreamweaver or move a file to another folder, I keep getting an error pop up.

It is very annoying specially if I am renaming several files, which I do when I make copies of files to back them up before working on a file.

You can view the error at
farm1.static.flickr.com/153/403309343_34183deda1_o.gif

Web Development Consultant
providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranet/Extranet and a wide range of Web applications.

Details can be viewed at www.cgw3.co.uk

Replies

Replied 27 Feb 2007 15:05:58
27 Feb 2007 15:05:58 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Carl,

Do you use the was version of Pure Asp Upload 2.2.2?

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

----------------------------------
Support - www.DMXzone.com
Replied 27 Feb 2007 15:13:03
27 Feb 2007 15:13:03 Carl Grint replied:
Yes I have the most up-to-date version of v2

I would be using v3 which I purchased, but it is so unreliable I have had to stay with v2 which I can trust to work correctly, just this annoying little pop up.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Carl,

Do you use the was version of Pure Asp Upload 2.2.2?

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

providing web development services including Web site design and development, the complete development of Intranet/Extranet and a wide range of Web applications.

Replied 27 Feb 2007 16:55:11
27 Feb 2007 16:55:11 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Carl,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Yes I have the most up-to-date version of v2 <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I cannot reproduce you problem on my machine. Had this error always appeared or it started to show up recently?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I would be using v3 which I purchased, but it is so unreliable I have had to stay with v2 which I can trust to work correctly, just this annoying little pop up. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

We have managed to fix all major bugs of Pure Asp Upload 3. You can download the latest version (3.0.8) from dmxzone.com and check it.
I am sure you will be satisfied by the results.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 27 Feb 2007 16:58:43
27 Feb 2007 16:58:43 Carl Grint replied:
It started last year, around the time of v3 realise, as I at first thought it was a problem with the v3 extension.

If I remove ASP PureUpload v2, this problem does not happen, so I have narrowed it down to it.

It is a strange one as it happens to static sites.

I have the recent version of v3, but it still does not work 100%, so I can not trust it to be used in replace of v2...which is a shame as it looks nice, and of course there is the cost I have wasted.

Thank you for your help anyway, I had hoped it could be sorted, but there you go, I will just have to put up with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Hi Carl,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Yes I have the most up-to-date version of v2 <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

I cannot reproduce you problem on my machine. Had this error always appeared or it started to show up recently?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I would be using v3 which I purchased, but it is so unreliable I have had to stay with v2 which I can trust to work correctly, just this annoying little pop up. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

We have managed to fix all major bugs of Pure Asp Upload 3. You can download the latest version (3.0.8) from dmxzone.com and check it.
I am sure you will be satisfied by the results.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Replied 28 Feb 2007 09:58:53
28 Feb 2007 09:58:53 Georgi Kralev replied:
Hi Carl,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I had hoped it could be sorted<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Where I can send you the following file PureUpload_beforeSave.htm? It could solve your problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I have the recent version of v3, but it still does not work 100% <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Could you describe in more details what are the problems with Pure Asp Upload 3.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 28 Feb 2007 16:02:18
28 Feb 2007 16:02:18 Carl Grint replied:
You can email me via carl at cgw3 [dot] co [dot] uk with the file, thank you for that.

Regarding v3, the one problem which stands out from memory is when you select for restricting anything, such as file size or width etc, rather then the pop up message v2 does, the v3 goes to a blank browser page with some text , which is not user friendly, and as I want to restrict the size of the images upload as well as ensure only images are uploaded, I can not use it.

To be honest v3 has been a complete waste of money, v2 is still a great product and I continue to use it, just a shame the experience of v3 has put me off buying from dmxzone anymore, and I am not upgrading the other extensions I have.

Hi Carl,

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I had hoped it could be sorted<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Where I can send you the following file PureUpload_beforeSave.htm? It could solve your problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I have the recent version of v3, but it still does not work 100% <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Could you describe in more details what are the problems with Pure Asp Upload 3.

Regards,

Georgi Kralev

Replied 26 Apr 2007 19:22:07
26 Apr 2007 19:22:07 beccy smith replied:
Hi Carl
I am having the same problem with the annoying pop ups did you solve the problems?
Replied 26 Apr 2007 20:38:03
26 Apr 2007 20:38:03 Carl Grint replied:
Hi Carl
I am having the same problem with the annoying pop ups did you solve the problems?

George sent me a file which I thought had solved it, but it still occurs, now and again on sites.

v3 might resolve the problem, but I have not managed to make v3 work 100%, so have stuck with v2.

Replied 26 Apr 2007 21:06:14
26 Apr 2007 21:06:14 Carl Grint replied:
Hi Carl
To be honest I have found the only way to stop it occurring is to rename or backup files from within the windows explorer, not dreamweaver, which to be honest I am using less and less these days outside of the extensions I have bought from dmxzone.

Reply to this topic