Bring your website to life with DHTML and AJAX
Learn how to use DHTML and AJAX
This e-Book will teach you how to use DHTML and AJAX to create amazing new applications and interactive features for your website. Tom Dell'Aringa shows you how to create Popup Windows, Fly out menus, Filmstrips, advanced form features and much more!
AJAX enables you to write interactive applications while reducing the amount of data interchanged between the web browser and web server. This results in shorter processing times so you can give your user the ultimate web experience.
DHTML allows you to create amazing effects and allows you to enhance the interactivity of your webpage without using any Plug-ins. DHTML files are also smaller then HTML files thus speeding up your website even further.
What this book does, and who it's for.
This book is for anyone with an interest in developing their DHTML and AJAX skills. The writer uses very clear examples that will enable you to master the programming languages. It’s also a useful reference for developers.
- About Tom Dell’Aringa
- Bring your website to life with AJAX and DHTML
Getting started with DHTML
- DHTML: Introduction to scripting the DOM
- DHTML: Dynamic Client Side Table Sorting
- DHTML: Dynamic Class Switching
- Introduction to Regular Expressions
- Dynamic "Hide and Show" Content using the DOM
- Popup Windows: Doing Them Right
- A Simple DHTML Flyout Menu
- Formatting User Form Data
- More controlling form fields
- "Alertless" Client Side Error Messages
- The new and improved Date Picker!
- Spicing up Data Tables with Highlighting Rows
- An Abstract “Add Row” Class for Dynamic Table Rows (like Yahoo!)
Take control with AJAX
- Introduction to AJAX
- The Ajax Filmstrip
- Ajax: Ready States, PHP and Arrays
- Google Maps and AJAX: Web 2.0 on Your Web Site
Be the first to write a review
You must me logged in to write a review.