Create your own overlays for Active Slideshow Pro 1.5
Love the added overlays in Active Slideshow Pro 1.5 - makes for a real nice clean design option. How can I create my own?
You can easily create your own overlays in Flash. The source code of the standard overlays is already included so you can have a look and make your own.
You can find the standard overlays in the Dreamweaver configuration folder, within the Active Slideshow Pro folder
- For Dreamweaver CS3 and above:
- Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver <version>\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\Active Slideshow Pro\Overlays
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Adobe\Dreamweaver <version>\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\Active Slideshow Pro\Overlays
- MAC: MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Adobe : Dreamweaver <version> : Configuration : shared : DMXzone : Active Slideshow Pro : Overlays
- For Dreamweaver 8 and below
- Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Dreamweaver <version>\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\Active Slideshow Pro\Overlays
- XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration\shared\DMXzone\Active Slideshow Pro\Overlays
- MAC: MacHD : Users : <username> : Library : Application Support : Macromedia: Dreamweaver <version> : Configuration : shared: DMXzone : Active Slideshow Pro : Overlays
In this folder you will see all the included overlays. There are also FLA files that you can open in Flash and customize the overlays as you wish.
Just make sure you save them under a different name, if you have made any changes. Save the generated SWF in the folder above and then it will automatically appear in the "select overlay" drop down menu in the Active Slideshow Pro extension dialog.
Generally you should make the stage size of your overlays like 550 x 400, that is the size you select in the extension dialog. The overlays will be automatically resized when used to always fit completely your slideshow.
All transparent areas in your flash overlay will show the underlying slideshow.
Note: You can have in your slideshow one general overlay and then a overlay per slide. The general overlay displays on top, then the ones per slide and then the slideshow.
Last but not least - if you do make some fantastic overlays that makes you really proud and you want to share it with other users - just mail it to me at email@example.com and I will see if we can include it with the standard package.
This is extra complimentary content which purpose is to show additional usage that is not part of the product, i.e. it suggests tips for extending the functionality of the product by the users themselves. It is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied , including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and nonfringement of third party rights.
DMXzone does not take responsibility to support the suggested content to be fully compatible and working as intended and does not provide support for extended functionality which is not included in the current release of the extension.
It is highly recommended that only more advanced developers use it.