Moodle E-Learning Course Development
From the Back Cover
This unique book gives you more than just a guide to the Moodle software; it uses Moodle as a route to better teaching, more motivated students, and more successful courses.
What you will learn from this book
Once you read this book, you will:
- Understand what Moodle can do, how it compares to other e-learning packages, and how it can support your teaching strategies
- Install the Moodle software on your own computer or a server, and understand your way around it
- Know how to create different kinds of courses. Moodle can support courses where the group works through the classes with a shared schedule, or where individual students work through at their own pace, or courses where students are free to explore the different topics in their own time. This book will show you how.
- Understand all of Moodle's learning features. Moodle provides features for managing course content, interactive resources, and social activities such as forums and wikis. This book explains what each of these features are, how they work, and most importantly how and when to use them effectively.
- Manage students – so that you can ensure that the right students are going to the right classes; allow students to enroll themselves, or invite students to join a course. You can even set up commercial courses where students pay to sign
Who is this book for?
This book is suitable for beginners as it starts from setting up Moodle and continues on a clear path to more advanced topics like extending and administering Moodle. These topics make the book also useful for intermediate users. The book is aimed at users, teachers and administrators.
The book is easy to read and uses step-by-step tutorials and very practical examples. Another big plus is that the book is written for a broad audience, whether you are a teacher, user or administrator this book will be a useful guide to this powerful e-Learning tool. Sure the graphics and the markup of the book could be a bit more modern but all things considered the book is a good and complete guide to using and managing Moodle.