In this book, you'll learn:
- Where CSS, HTML, and the DOM fit into modern scripting, and how to use them together effectively
- How to build effective form validation into your applications using Ajax
- How to create mashups using APIs
- How to build dynamic user interfaces
Summary of Contents
- CHAPTER 3 Object-Oriented Programming
- CHAPTER 4 Libraries
- CHAPTER 5 Ajax and Data Exchange
- CHAPTER 6 Visual Effects
- CHAPTER 8 Case Study: FAQ Facelift
- CHAPTER 9 A Dynamic Help System
We've got a brand new mini-review and competition of the Accelerated DOM Scripting with Ajax, APIs, and Libraries book. The friendly people of Apress are giving away 5 books!
All you need to do, to enter the competition is, download the sample PDF and finish the following sentence:
"ActiveX is a Microsoft technology that..."
Send your answer to this e-mail address, before Tuesday the 30th of October 2007. Don't forget to include your post address and phone number (required for international shipping) in the e-mail.
The book is a lightweight 250 pages and is written in a pretty enjoyable and understandable way to read. The content is well-structured, set out in a successive, grading in the topic manner.
Overall, the book takes a positive and pragmatic view at the use of DOM scripting. It embraces and delves into the most common topics such as working with the DOM, Ajax, and visual effects.
We recommend this book for beginning or intermediate users who want to learn all about the DOM, AJAX and related technologies.
Be the first to write a comment
You must me logged in to write a comment.