Flash CS3 for Designers
From the Back Cover
In this book, you'll learn:
Flash is one of the most engaging and innovative, and versatile technologies available—allowing the creation of pretty much anything from simple slideshows, animated banners and icons and cartoons, to Rich Internet Applications, Interactive videos, and dynamic user interfaces for web sites, kiosks, or DVDs. The possibilities are endless, except that now, it just got better. In 2007, Adobe released Flash CS3, which boasts a whole host of new features, including fully customizable workspace, full ActionScript 3.0 support, a PSD importer, a tween-to-code animation converter, and much more. And this book is all you'll need to learn Flash CS3 from the ground up, or learn about all these new features, if you already have previous Flash experience—Flash experts Tom Green and David Stiller take you step-by-step through all facets of Flash CS3, with the emphasis firmly on good design techniques that you use in your own projects.
- The ins and outs of the Flash CS3 interface
- How to use all of Flash CS3's essential features, such as text, graphics, and animation
- How to use video and sound effectively in Flash
- The basics of ActionScript 3.0
- Building Flash user interfaces rapidly using components.
- How to populate a Flash movie with dynamic data such as XML.
- The Basics of creating Flash Lite applications (Flash for mobile devices)
- Using Cascading Style Sheets with Flash
- Optimizing and publishing your Flash movies
- Learn Flash design from the ground up, or just get to grips with the new features, with a series of step by step tutorials.
- Provides an easy introduction to ActionScript 3.0 coding, but the focus is mainly kept on design.
- Learn from the expertswritten by renowned Flash designers Tom Green and David Stiller.
Summary of Contents
- Chapter 1: Learning the Flash CS3 Professional
- Chapter 2: Graphics in Flash CS3
- Chapter 3: Symbols and Libraries
- Chapter 4: ActionScript Basics
- Chapter 5: Audio in Flash CS3
- Chapter 6 Text in Flash CS3
- Chapter 7: Animation in Flash CS3
- Chapter 8: Video in Flash
- Chapter 9: Using the Flash UI Components to Build Interfaces
- Chapter 10: CSS and Flash
- Chapter 11: Dynamic Data (XML) and Flash
- Chapter 12: Going Mobile in Flash
- Chapter 13: Optimizing Flash Movies
- Chapter 14: Publishing Flash Movies
Who is this book for?This book is for both beginners who want a solid grounding in Flash CS3, and designers with previous Flash experience, who want to get up to speed with the new features.
Foundation Flash CS3 for Designers is a book
makes learning Flash easy. It starts with the Basics and goes on right
through working with Action Script 3.0.
techniques used and the illustrations are good. The authors employ us
analogies between programming principles and real life, while
intertwining it with a lot of humor. This makes it fun to read.
As with all foundation titles the book is mainly aimed at beginners. In short, a great addition to your library if you are new to Flash CS3!