SIP2 doesn't detect ASP.NET
I know I have ASP.NET installed on the server but when I run Smart Image Processor 2, it doesn't detect that there is ASP.NET... I also ran the SIP2 components check, but it shows that there is no ASP.NET installed
Smart Image Processor 2 uses a special web service to do the image conversion in ASP.NET while still using classic ASP. The web service is located as file in /ScriptLibrary/sip_service.asmx
You should check:
- Have you uploaded to file /ScriptLibrary/sip_service.asmx to your live site?
- You should be able to run this file in your browser, so just enter its url and run it like:
- Make sure you have defined the root of your site as Web Application in IIS
- Make sure you have uploaded the /bin folder to your live site
- If ASP.NET is not running you will see just code display
- If ASP.NET is running but something is wrong with the configuration you will see an extended ASP.NET error.
- If you see a general ASP.NET error telling you that errors are disabled, make sure you have a web.config file in your site root and the following is in it:
If you have discovered an ASP.NET error, try fixing it first with your hosting provider. If you really can't solve it, post it in the Smart Image processor 2 Support Forums
See also related FAQ