Add Swiss Knife Form Validation to your forms in Dreamweaver with the Universal Form Validator PHP! Choose from many predefined validation rules like url, e-mail, dates, credit cards and ranges, apply conditional validation and even Ajax style inline validation! The validation errors and hints can be displayed in great tooltips and input masking can be applied. All fully customizable to your layout and needs! The user input is validated both client as well as server side - so there is no escape!
The extension has been discontinued, please get HTML5 Form Validator!
Creating an Online Food Order Form
With this movie we will show you how to create an online food order form and set conditional rules for it with the help of Universal Form Validator PHP.
Watch the movie
Check and Spam Protection to your Form
With this movie we will show you how to apply Bot Check
and Spam Protection to your forms using Universal Form Validator PHP
Set a Validation Rule for Multiple Credit Card Numbers and Expiration Date
With this movie we will show you how easily you can set a validation rule for multiple credit card numbers and expiration date.
Validation Rules for Universal Form Validator ASP
With this movie
we will show you some of the validation rules we've recently added to
Universal Form Validator ASP.
Validate for a Maximum and Minimum Number of Selected Items
With this movie we will show you how easily you can validate for maximum and minimum number of selected items in a checkbox list or multiselection list.
Watch the movie
Great Design Tooltips, Error messages and Hints in your Forms
With this movie we will show you some of the validation rules, tooltips, hints and error messages we've recently added to Universal Form Validator PHP.
Watch the movie
- Fixed missing translation files
- Updated CS5 installer
- Added Slovenian and Italian Translations
new allow Characterset only rule
- Added new extended
alphanumeric rule (Alphanumeric + Latin). Allows regular letters as well
- Added not equal validation rule
- Great compatibility with the
standard Dreamweaver Server behaviors like Insert/Update, Check Login
and Login User.
issue with hint file generation
- Fixed issue with loading hint
styles into GUI
- Fixed bug with IE and conditional triggering
issue with dmx.jquery.validate.js copying
- Fixed issue with
VAT rule and required
- GUI fix for required checkbox.
- Improved XHTML Validation of pages using the validator
- Included updated jQuery version
- Improved copying, updating and synchronizing files
- Fixed minor issue with dynamic values for text areas
- Fixed hint / error tooltip font style.
- New Bot protection option
- Added forbidden words validation
- Improved validation rules for allowed and disallowed characters
- Fixed issue with POSTs to page containing form to be validated
- Fixed minor issues with postback values
- Improved hint tooltips to show when the users stays on a field
- When using server side validation and an validation error occurs, the values check boxes, selects and radio buttons are retained
- Improved server side IBAN check
- Minor bug fixes
- New Great looking Tooltips! – now you can display your validation message or hint in a stylish floating tooltip!
- Cool tooltip designs - choose from many predefined designs with rounded corners, shading and text balloon style! Add a stylish icon and customize the tooltips as you wish!
- New Validation rules:
-Session: check a form field's value against the value of a specified session variable.
-Alphanumeric: Alphanumeric characters only.
-Letters: Letters only.
-Allowed: Checks if the fields only contains characters specified by the user.
-Disallowed: Checks if the fields do not contain characters specified by the user.
- Improved compatibility with other DMXzone extensions like DMXzone Calendar.
- Improved PHP 5.3 compatibility
-Fixed bug with messages below / above form
-Fixed bug with when choosing all formats and not required rule.
-Fixed minor bug in Dutch translation.
Here are five easy steps to update all your pages;
1. Install the latest version of Universal Form Validator PHP
2. Open your Universal Form Validator PHP page
3. Select the existing Universal Form Validator PHP Server Behavior from the server behaviors palette
4. Click on the ok button to re-apply the server behavious
5. An alert will be shown to notify you that your files are replaces, make sure you upload the files to your server
This process updates the PHP file in the general ScriptLibrary folder so a single page update is enough.