If you've ever wondered what the hubbub was about social media, this book may help you learn about the basics. And, if you're already involved with Twitter, Facebook, Friendfeed and LinkedIn, this E-book may provide ideas about how to update your blog and how to become involved with online community development.
The author of the book, Linda Goin, has been grappling with community development and social media for several years , with an introduction to the Web and its concepts of open discourse back in 1991. While the topics in this E-book cover current tools for community development as well as for marketing, the concepts may have you reaching for your own answers for questions about how personal and public you should make your life and your business.
About the authorLinda Goin carries an A.A. in graphic design, a B.F.A. in visual communications with a minor in business and marketing and an M.A. in American History with a minor in the Reformation. While the latter degree doesn't seem to fit with the first two educational experiences, Linda used her 25-year design expertise on archaeological digs and in the study of material culture. Now she uses her education and experiences in social media experiments.
Accolades for her work include fifteen first-place Colorado Press Association awards, numerous fine art and graphic design awards, and interviews about content development with The Wall St. Journal, Chicago Tribune, Psychology Today, and L.A. Times.
Table of Content
- Fifteen Reasons Why You Need Facebook
- How You Can Benefit from the New Facebook Options
- Your Facebook "Brand"
- Your Facebook Pages
- Tour Facebook Marketing
- An Introduction to FriendFeed
- More FriendFeed Options
- Gain Readers with Groups
- Linking to Job-Worthy Contacts
- LinkedIn Advantages
- Finding Connections on LinkedIn
- Twitterizing Your Design Life
- Twitte Rules to Abide and Question
- Twitter: How Not to Get Sued, Fired or Both
- Community-Building Web Sites
- Building Community (or, the New Face of Marketing)
- Twenty+ Communities for Designer Work
- Building a Better Blog Foundation with Aggregation
- Aggregator Foundations - Links and Suggestions
- How to Find and Use Free News and Articles in you Web Site
- Using Video to Enhance Your Reach
More Social Media and Issues
- Posterous: Simple Way to Share...everything
- WIBIYA: A Tool to Keep You Tied to Social Media
- Social Media and Copyright Issues
- The Social Arts - Social Media for Designers
- Time Out for the Digital Divide
- What's New in Social Media