Adobe Announces New Digital Publishing Suite
The Digital Publishing Suite Disambiguation
Adobe Systems Incorporated announced the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite, providing publishers a set of turnkey hosted services and viewer technology to create, publish, optimize and sell digital content direct to consumers, through content retailers or leading mobile marketplaces.
Introducing The Digital Publishing Suite
Built on the foundation of Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe InDesign CS5 software, the Digital Publishing Suite enables the design and delivery of innovative publisher-branded reading experiences, paired with flexible commerce models and support for deep analytics reporting.
Using InDesign CS5, PDF, HTML5 and the Digital Publishing Suite, publishers will be able to efficiently author both fixed and adaptive layouts, natively build new levels of interactivity directly in InDesign, distribute and monetize their digital editions, and optimize their editorial and advertising content for a complete end-to-end digital publishing workflow.
High Quality Services
- The Digital Publishing Suite will support the Adobe Content Viewer for Adobe AIR® and iOS that can be fully publisher-branded to support immersive reading experiences on tablet devices, such as the Blackberry PlayBook, Samsung Galaxy, Apple iPad and the many Android-based devices expected to come to market soon.
- Production Service - Upload articles directly from InDesign CS5 into an intuitive hosted service in which publishers can collaborate on design, assemble final content in the correct order, add issue and article metadata and preview the complete issue as it will appear in final published form on the desktop and tablet devices.
- Distribution Service: Securely store, host and distribute digital content across leading tablet devices and desktops for broad reach and audience access.
- E-commerce Service - Leverage flexible payment and merchandising models with the ability to monetize content directly, through retailer platforms or leading mobile marketplaces such as the Blackberry App World, Android Market, Google Apps Marketplace or Apple App Store.
- Analytics Service - Gain valuable customer insights to better optimize editorial content and drive higher advertising monetization using best-of-class online analytics from Adobe SiteCatalyst, powered by Omniture.