Who's this Book for?
The books is for the "beginning" visual communicator. Whether you're already a media pro or hoping to be one soon, it is your introduction to graphic design and layout. White Space is Not Your Enemy covers the basics quickly without being too boring.
What You Will Learn from This Book:
This beautifully illustrated, full-color book covers the basics to help you develop your eye and produce attractive work. Topics include:
- The basics of effective design that communicates its intended message
- Pre-design planning
- 13 Layout Sins to avoid
- Basic typography
- Working with color
- Storyboarding for video, Web, and presentions
- Information graphics
- Mini Art School-all the basics in one chapter
- Outputting your work
- Finally-the basics of layout, design, and visual communication for print and web in one easy-to-digest book!
- "Try This" sections in each chapter include fun, hands-on activities to develop skills.
- The companion web site includes text and photo support material; video clips that put the principles in practice; interactive multimedia components; and links.
Our friends from Focal Press are giving away 5 free books. All you need to do, to enter the competition is to continue the following line: "A beginner's Guide to Communicating Visually through Graphics, Web and ..."