Who's this book for:
This E-book is for anyone who has an elementary understanding of HTML and CSS. You should be familiar with HTML tags and the most common CSS properties.
What you'll learn:
- Different methods for slicing a PSD.
- Create semantic mark-up, and learn how this HTML relates to the original PSD.
- How to utilize techniques, such as background replacement and sprite generation.
- Use custom fonts with Cufon font replacement.
- The differences between absolute and relative positioning.
- How to compensate for the dreaded Internet Explorer 6.
- Take advantage of advanced CSS3 features.
- How to take advantage of a variety of helpful browser extensions to expedite your coding.
- Utilize the jQuery library to add a touch of interactivity.
Example Themes, Files and Screencasts in the Book:
- Photoshop files for the Light Box Design and HTML/CSS files for the Light Box theme.
- A series of six screencasts covering the whole project from beginning to end.
Our friends from Rockable Press
are giving away 5 free e-books. All you need to do, to enter the
competition is download the sample to continue the following line: "When converting a PSD to HTML and CSS, you'll be most efficient if you have the right..."