About the book:
Each chapter gets right to the point and covers what professionals need to master to work more efficiently: text, drawing, documents, preflight, collaboration, and much more. Written by the former InDesign technical lead for Adobe and packed with his invaluable advice, this book shows you how to make InDesign's tools work the way you work - saving time, improving results, and freeing you to focus on the creative.
What You'll Learn:
- The new features of InDesign CS5 and how and why you should use them
- Setting up press-ready pages and spread with bleed, slug, and live areas
- Placing and fitting images rapidly and accurately
- Using layers, guides, templates, and libraries to speed the design process
- Improving productivity through reusable settings and assets
- Working with InCopy to incorporate collaboration
- Customizing InDesign's tools to meet the demands of daily deadlines
- Exploring all that InDesign can do with text, characters, and documents
- Revolutionizing your workflow by using pages and stories effectively
- Mastering essential calibration and color management steps, even for greyscale jobs
- Printing well and accurately with the right preflighting procedures
- Getting more efficient and more creative using smart workflows
We've got a brand new mini-review and competition of Mastering InDesign CS5 for Print Design and Production. Our friends from Wiley are giving away 5 books!
All you need to do, to enter the competition is download the sample and continue the following line: "Ultimately, like RAM, designers can never have too much screen real estate when dealing with..."