Who's This Book For:
Mobile application developers and their managers need to learn mobile web technologies because it’s in their economic interest. Time-to-market and opportunity costs are significantly lower for web-based mobile applications than for native ones.
Desktop web developers at software companies and IT departments of non-technology businesses need to learn mobile web technologies to meet the demands of managers who will soon be asking them to “mobilize this web site.” These developers will want to do the minimum work possible to maximize the compatibility of their mobile web sites. The standards-based approach advocated in this book will allow them to build gracefully adaptive and portable mobile web experiences that perform well across mobile browser platforms.
What You'll Learn:
- Build interactive mobile web pages that comply with industry standards and best practices.
- Develop web sites using the markup languages of the mobile Web: XHTML-MP, Wireless CSS, and WML.
- Adapt the syntax and design of mobile web pages to target smartphone models.
- Enhance mobile web pages to target advanced features of smartphone browsers.
- Validate and compress mobile markup to optimize for network transmission and browser performance.
- Simulate smartphone browsers using emulators and development tools.
All you need to do, to enter the competition is to answer the following question: "What's the author's name?"